We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Azul

England
Level Contributor
236 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel Azul

Heading out for a 3 day break with my 13 year old son in October. We are staying at the above hotel. Can anyone give me the best advice on how to get there from the airport? How much would it be in a taxi?

Also, what is the area around the hotel Azul like? Is there a few bars etc.?

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,307 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Azul

I am at the hotel now. From the airport, get the aerobus. It's easy to find outside arrivals at T1 (bus A1) so presume it is same if you are T2 (bus A2). Get off at the first stop, Placa D'Espanya. From there the hotel is a 3 minute walk. Buy a return ticket from the driver for €10,20.

Lots of little bars/cafes on Gran Via and a lovely tapas bar about 100 yards away. We had coffee and toast at a little place next door for €2,50.

At Placa D'Espanya is the old bullring, now converted into a nice shopping centre, there are several restaurants on the roof, open until 11-00pm. Either pay €1 to go up a glass lift, or go inside and take the escalator. Great views from the top.

Edited: 17 April 2013, 17:56
England
Level Contributor
236 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Azul

Thankyou for the very helpful reply. Will definitley use the aerobus, as it sounds very straight forward. Can you recommend any quiet little bars, & give me some idea how much a beer is?

Also, from the hotel, what is the best way of getting to Nou Camp?

Hope you have a great stay.

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,307 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Azul

Beer around €2. At the tapas bar we had 4 lovely tapas a dish of pickles and olives plus 2 decent sized beers for €9.

Metro line 3 from Placa D'Espanya to Palau Reial looks the best.

4. Re: Hotel Azul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2014, 05:17