We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Figueres Vilafant to Figueres down-town

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
10 posts
Save Topic
Figueres Vilafant to Figueres down-town

Hi everyone,

I m planning a trip to Barcelona

I would like to book tickets to visit the Dali Museum at Figueres

I intend to book the one with the fast train, but it arrives at Figueres Vilafant which is outside Figueres

How can I go from Figueres Vilafant to the center of Figueres where the museum is?

Is there a bus? and if yes how much does it cost? and does the timetable coinside with the train?

I have searched the internet and this forum but havent found those answers

Any help from personal experience would be extremely helpful

Thanks in advance

10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Figueres Vilafant to Figueres down-town

Also I would like to ask if you have traveled with both trains which one you liked most

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,644 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Figueres Vilafant to Figueres down-town

I think there would be taxis at the train station to take you to the museum.

Why not just take the local train? It's not that much longer than the fast train.

10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Figueres Vilafant to Figueres down-town

Thanks for your reply. the local train takes 2,5 hours, the fast only 1. Since the price was pretty much the same i thought to take the fast one. I was hoping if anyone had answers about bus (for a cheaper option)

I looked at google maps and it doesnt seem that far away

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,090 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Figueres Vilafant to Figueres down-town

Kle,

I did this route last summer with the DE of that area. She wanted to see how long it would take so she could share the info with TA friends. It was 12 min in a private car at a leisurely pace. I'll get back to you later in the bus info. IMHO, I would take a taxi.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,090 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Figueres Vilafant to Figueres down-town

Bus schedule for Figueres old train station - Figueres Vilafant

www.teisa-bus.com/actualitat.php…

The old train station is about 10 min by foot to the Gaudi museum

10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Figueres Vilafant to Figueres down-town

Thanks a lot Gigis_mum!!

A personal question what would you choose? The old train or the fast one?

10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Figueres Vilafant to Figueres down-town

and if i take a taxi how much should i expect the cost to be?

and is the distance between vilafante train station and the center of figueres walk-able?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,090 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Figueres Vilafant to Figueres down-town

Thanks for saying thanks, Kle.

I made a Google map of our trip, linked below. It might be useful to you and other TA members. Includes both train stations, interesting Modernist bldgs in Figueres, Dali's birthplace and of course, the Dali Museum (see pink balloon on map).

http://goo.gl/maps/OQG44

According to Google maps, it's only 2.5 km and 7 min by car. My friend and I were obviously going at a very leisurely pace, hee hee. Probably not the most direct approach and we were busy yakking. :-)

Regarding the taxi fare, keep in mind that there's usually a surcharge for taxis at transportation hubs (airports, ports and train stations) and sometimes, even minimum fares. Barcelona airport, for example, has a minimum taxi fare of 20 euros. In this case, I doubt that the total fare will be more than 10 euros, especially if you are going to the Dali Museum and not the old train station. Just my 2 cents tho'.

Which train to take? You need to do a search for train schedules on Renfe and then, a little number juggling. Remember that the fast train departs from Sants station, NOT Passeig de Gracia. If you are staying near P de Gracia (as many visitors do) and you need to rush over to Sants, your in-town commute may eat up some of the time you save on the fast train. Also, there are fewer departures of the fast train.

Hope this has been useful to you.

Edited: 26 April 2013, 16:01
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Figueres Vilafant to Figueres down-town

this is an amazing answer and very complete! thank you!!!!!!!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,911 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Figueres Vilafant to Figueres down-town

So which one did you end up taking? I'm looking to do the same thing. But if the slower train is the least hassle I don't mind doing that as well. I can't dind train schedules goin or coming back on that. I wonder if I shoul just go to Santa and purchase them a day in advance does that even work?

Oh and @gigi's_mom. I thought you purchase yiur ave tickets and p de Gracia and catch the train there as well?

Thanks for Yiu help