We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your thoughts on our June itinerary?

toronto, canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Your thoughts on our June itinerary?

We are staying at a hotel near Placa d Espanya. Anything to add or take out of this sched?

Sat 11:30am - arrive in Barcelona; 4:30pm - Runnerbean Old City tour

Sun AM - MNAC (free 1st Sunday), then take the transbordador down to Barceloneta. What else to see in Montjuic area? Any must-go places at Barceloneta? Was just planning on people watching there and trying the chiringuitos.

Mon 11am - Runnerbean Gaudi tour; 4pm Sagrada Familia.

Tues - La Ribera/El Born - Mercat d Sta Caterina, Palau Musica d Catalunya, maybe the Picasso museum.

Wed AM free. 5pm flight out.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Your thoughts on our June itinerary?

Magic Fountain? Park Guell? Boqueria food market?

Edited: 28 April 2013, 19:23
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,673 posts
3,656 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Your thoughts on our June itinerary?

Julia:

I would prebook the Sagrada Familia and the Palau de la Musica Catalana. Read the top questions about these sights.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,597 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Your thoughts on our June itinerary?

There are castells each weekend in June and you really should take time to see them.

http://www.cccc.cat/contents/june-50

If you're lucky enough to be visiting on the 16th June, then the Placa De Sant Jaume event will be splendid - and very crowded. Early arrival would be essential. It would blow a hole in your plans, though.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,287 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Your thoughts on our June itinerary?

julia,

I hope you go back and see a few of the Gaudi buildings yourself. The RB tours are great but I think they are intended as an overview from the exterior. For variety, you might visit Palau Guell. It's Gaudi's first residential commission in Barcelona and shows his vision and genius. It's near the bottom of Las Ramblas.

http://palauguell.cat/

pc2,

I recall we attended the castellers last year at Placa de Sant Jaume with slatkin. What a fantastic event it was!

toronto, canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Your thoughts on our June itinerary?

Appreciate everyone's input =)

Thanks, pc2, for the castellers sched. I'll see if I can squeeze that in to our June 2 itinerary, or maybe move some things around. According to the schedule it starts at 12pm on Placa de Sant Jaume. How long does it last? Do we have to go earlier, or be there right at noon?

I thought we'd do the Gaudi Runnerbean tour, then if any of the places really pique our interest, we go back on Tues or Wed.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,287 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Your thoughts on our June itinerary?

julia,

pc2 will give you his thoughts later but you are welcome to mine.

There will be a crowd and the square is not very big. It's okay to be a little late but try not to miss too much. It's really exciting and depending on the order of the groups, you may want to see as much as possible. When I went last summer, the best group came first and unfortunately, I was fidgeting with my new camera and missed many photo ops.

Also, if you stand close to the castellers, they MIGHT ask you to assist. If you don't plan to assist, stand back near the sandwich shop, Fresc & Co. (they have a toilet you can use too).

toronto, canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Your thoughts on our June itinerary?

Thanks so much, Gigis_mum! I'm getting sooo excited for this trip =)

8. Re: Your thoughts on our June itinerary?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2014, 07:18