We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help

Bude, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
141 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary help

Hello,

Flying to Barca for 9 days at the begining of september.

Please can you give me your recomendations of where to go and stay.

I would like to spend:

2-3 days at Port Aventura

2-3 days at a nice relaxing coastal town with good beach

3-4 days seeing barcelona itself.

There are 2 of us traveling and we would like to do it as cheap as possible without sleeping in dorms and bunks.

Thanks

Jake

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,438 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary help

Might be easier to fly to Barcelona. Don't think there's much space to land at Barca unless you're in a helicopter.

Are your dates at all flexible? Later in September would be better. You could do your coastal town thing in Tarragona and take in part of Santa Tecla and then maybe La Merce in Barcelona. Tarragona is close to Port Aventura as well so fairly convenient for transfers. Hostal Nuria in Tarragona is decent value.

Edited: 02 May 2013, 13:08
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
64 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary help

I am going in mid-May. Do folks think I need to get tickets beforehand to visit the Sangrada Familia and the Catalan English tour? Is it a very crowded time?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
64 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary help

I am going to be in Barcelona around May 14th for 4 days. Is it necessary to get tickets for the Sagrada Familia and if I want a tour for the Catalan Concert Hall? Do folks think it will be very crowded?

españa
Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary help

Hello Jake,

If you stay in Barcelona on 24th of september you will see "the mercè". It is a local holiday day in Barcelona and there is a lot of activities and things to see. In august usually there is a lot of people and the hotels are expensive.

I think 2 days in port aventura are enough, and if you want to see beautiful beaches you can go to Sitges or any place near to Girona.

Regards :)

http://algunosrincones.blogspot.com.es/

españa
Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary help

Hello Alice

I think that in May there won't be any problem with crowd. Try to do it in workdays instead of weekends.

Regards!

http://algunosrincones.blogspot.com.es/

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary help

Hola Alice,

It would be a good idea to get advance tickets for La Sagrada Familia (lines could be long depending of the time or day) and for the English tour for El Palau de la Música Catalana (lines could be also long or you could find that there is no place left on the tour when you arrive there)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
64 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary help

Thanks. the biggest challenge is how to fit in all the wonderful things to see in 4 days!

We are staying in the L'Eixample area and are trying to figure out neighborhoods and what are the best ways to view things. For example, the Sagrada Familia and some of the other Gaudi buildings seem relataively close by. Any suggestions? Thanks so much.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,277 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Itinerary help

Hola alice,

There's a lot of useful info in the Top Questions. By 'other Gaudi bldgs' I suppose you mean Casa Batllo and La Pedrera? They are not walking distance to the Sagrada Familia but they are just minutes away from each other. You could sightsee by GROUPING YOUR ATTRACTIONS BY AREA and using a Google map to plot out your itinerary. Here's an example of a Google map from the Top Question on Tapas. It shows popular tapas bars in relation to Must See attractions. This way, visitors can sightsee and eat in the same area.

http://goo.gl/maps/qK0s8

Another way is to GROUP BY THEME. For example, the Gaudi DIY 1-day Walking Tour suggests how to visit the Sagrada Familia, Parc Guell, Casa Batllo and La Pedrera - all in 1 day. It can be sensory overload for some people but it's easy to do just half of the itinerary on Day 1 and the other half on Day 2. Includes suggestions for transportation between the sights.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g187497-c153886/Bar…

9. Re: Itinerary help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2014, 05:18