We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Girona to Barcelona

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Williamsburg...
4 posts
Save Topic
From Girona to Barcelona

Hello,

I get to Girona airport at midnight but my hostel is at Carrer de Villarroel, Barcelona... What would be the best way to get there other than cab?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Girona to Barcelona

Hi, you can take the bus to Barcelona Estació del Nord. Check timetables here:

www.sagales.com/index.php?nIdioma=LANG3

Anyway, bus schedules are to match fligh arrivals so do not worry. The bus is direct to Barcelona, safe, clean and comfortable and with free wi-fi.

From Estació del Nord to Villarroel take a taxi, it should cost about 10€.

Bon viatge!

Newcastle, England...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Girona to Barcelona

Hello!

Did you get the Bus okay at midnight? I am getting the Ryanair flight in October. On the bus timetable it seems to suggest that in winter the bus stops at about 19:00.

Thanks

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Girona to Barcelona

Hola Thea C, where you got that info? at the Sagales bus timetable I can't see anything about winter schedules:

http://www.sagales.com/pubdocs/3632_aeroport-girona-costa-brava---barcelona-(estacio-nord)-(a-partir-del-01-07-2013)-2013-06-07-(604).pdf

In any case, I've usted that bus after late arrivals a few times, incidentally always in December. Unless this has changed recently... but it would be a quite stupid change, as they make a lot of money with the night buses (buses get always full, but especially at times with no other transport options). Actually, I've always seen more than one bus to "absorb" all flight passengers.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Girona to Barcelona

Plus, the buses do wait for plane arrivals in case of delays, the same Sagales website says that departures at GRO are estimated, with actual departures about 20-25 minutes after flight arrivals.

5. Re: From Girona to Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2014, 06:21