We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine festival during La Merce

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
126 reviews
Save Topic
Wine festival during La Merce

Hi, I'm lucky enough to be in Barcelona during La Merce and am just finishing off my itinerary for the 5 day visit but I can't find any information in the festival programme about the wine festival. Can anyone tell me if it's on during the evenings of the festival duration and if it's still in the Moll de la Fusta? To be honest, there's that much to see and do, I'm thinking of booking another trip already !!

btw...this forum is the best I've seen so far on TA; thanks for the advice posted which I've found very helpful

ZJ

barcelona
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine festival during La Merce

hi,

last year the wine festival was in Passeig de Sant Joan, in front of the Ciutadella PArk. On ciutadella Park usually are circus shows and children's shows during la MErcè..and it's about 20 on walk to the main places as catedral, plaça catalunya, etc...

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,981 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine festival during La Merce

This site

festacatalunya.cat/articles-mostra-1231-cat-…

has it back on Moll de la Fusta. I think it's usually quite a reliable site but its probably best to wait for the main programme. I much prefer the Moll de la Fusta location so I hope it's correct.

The organisers seem to have gone out of their way to make the festival more difficult for the casual visitor/tourist but it is still worth a visit.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,981 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine festival during La Merce

That's the wine festival, BTW, not La Merce which is fabulous.

barcelona
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine festival during La Merce

hi,

no, no last edicion was in parc de la ciutadella!!

gastronomiaycia.com/2012/…

Utrecht
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Wine festival during La Merce

It is for sure at "Passeig Lluis Companys". Which is at the Arc del Triomf. You find this at the official Incavi website (which organises it). I liked Moll de la Fusta also better, but it is as it is...

…gencat.cat/portal/…

Edited: 01 September 2013, 23:48
Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,981 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wine festival during La Merce

One tip that might be of use, especially if you're travelling hand-luggage only. The glasses last year and in 2011 were €5 each. You could probably borrow glasses from your hotel or apartment or buy them very cheaply in a shop (we got 4 for €4 I think in the Carrefour(?) near the top of Las Ramblas. One producer did rather sniffily say that we had to have the 'official' glasses if we wanted to try cava but he gave us some in our tumblers anyway so I don't know how true that is. You won't be allowed to take the glasses home in your hand-luggage so it's money wasted. They're ok glasses but I suppose that most of us already have all the wine glasses we need.

7. Re: Wine festival during La Merce

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2014, 07:21