We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation Near Las Ramplas and Place Catalunya

Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Accommodation Near Las Ramplas and Place Catalunya

Hello

Looking for accommodation in this area beginning of June

Is something happening in the heart of Barcelona on the 1st of June or thereabouts? A number of hotels are fully booked on June 1, the first day of our 5 day stay.

We like to walk/bike ride so just need to be walking distance to a metro i think, We want to do all of the usual Barcelona tourist trap things - museums, art galleries, walking distance to restaurants that aren't over the top in price. We are an active 50+ couple, after 4-5 stars, modern hotel .Does anyone have any recommendations?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,256 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation Near Las Ramplas and Place Catalunya

Hola beaco,

June is just around the corner and the best hotel deals - found by advanced booking on hotel websites - are no longer available. Please give your budget if you want useful hotel recommendations. What's 'over the top' to one traveler may be perfectly acceptable to another.

Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation Near Las Ramplas and Place Catalunya

Hi Gigi'smum

We are looking at spending $280-320 USD per night. Happy to stay in a hotel, and we could also consider a studio or 1 bedroom apartment. At the moment I can see I can book at a hotel called Olivia Hotel which looks delightful - $360USD per night, which is a bit expensive for us, but may have to suffice?

However the accommodation looks clean modern and spacious which is what we are after, or something with that particular spanish feel!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,256 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation Near Las Ramplas and Place Catalunya

Do you mean Olivia Plaza Hotel? $360 is way too expensive for me too. ;-)

On www.booking.com, here are some possibilities:

Catalonia Passeig de Gracia - fairly new hotel with great reviews

Catalonia Catedral - in a Modernist bldg

Suites Avenue - great location on Passeig de Gracia but modern style

Casa Fuster - a Modernist architectural gem at the top of Passeig de Gracia

Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St Helier
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
675 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation Near Las Ramplas and Place Catalunya

Try hotels.com - there seem to plenty of hotels within your budget. It may even be worth staying in a hotel for one night if you can't get exactly what you want and then moving - try Room Mate Pau, very well recommended.

Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation Near Las Ramplas and Place Catalunya

Thank you everyone, have booked my hotel - Catonia Passeig De Gracia

6. Re: Accommodation Near Las Ramplas and Place Catalunya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2014, 06:17