We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montserrat hiking

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Crawley UK
Level Contributor
78 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Montserrat hiking

Dear all

Would anyone be able to tell me which is a easy hike around the mountain of Montserrat. I am going with my 10 year old girl and wanted to go on a walk/ hike on one of the known paths but wich won't be too taxing or treacherous.

Any suggestions highly appreciated!

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,142 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Montserrat hiking

This website gives good advice...

montserrat-tourist-guide.com/en/activities/w…

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,235 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Montserrat hiking

Hola globetrotterPK,

My son was 10 yo when we first visited. We took the funicular up to the top and walked for about an hour. Spectacular views! The path is unpaved but for most parts, pretty even. I wouldn't take a stroller or a toddler up there (some places have no railing) but a 10yo should enjoy it. Especially looking at the weird shaped mountains and imagining what kind of creatures/animals they look like.

Bring water and a hat. Don't miss the ice cream in the cafeteria near the monastery.

Edited: 19 May 2013, 15:44
Crawley UK
Level Contributor
78 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Montserrat hiking

Many thanks. Really appreciate your tips..

4. Re: Montserrat hiking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2014, 05:18