We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best place/area to stay in barcelona for 5 days

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
62 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
best place/area to stay in barcelona for 5 days

Hi! I'll be in barcelona for almost a week in september. I was wodering what areas are the safest to stay in. I want to be able to go out in the evening around my hotel and get dinner or a drink without having to worry about my safety. Im getting mixed review about las ramblas, plaza riel, and barri gotic. I was originally thinking of of these places but now im not sure. If you have any suggestions id really appreciate. and if anyone can recommend and nice hostels or hotels. My price range is under $130.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,092 posts
3,501 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best place/area to stay in barcelona for 5 days

puppy:

Plaza de Catalunya is ground zero, meaning the center of town. If you get a hotel in the area you will be able to walk to many sights.

A more quiet barrio is the Eixample.

2. Re: best place/area to stay in barcelona for 5 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2014, 05:17