We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

t-10 Tickets - Still a bit confused!!

London
Level Contributor
620 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
t-10 Tickets - Still a bit confused!!

Hi

sorry to ask this - I have looked via the search button, but still a little bit unclear. I know that the t-10 can be shared amongst people in your group.

I have read this excerpt on the Barcelona Tourist Guide Website:

"Each time someone in your group uses the T10 it counts as a separate journey"

I am travelling with 3 other people - my impression was I put the ticket in the machine, take it out. go through, then hand it to the next person, then this counts for 1 journey for all of us taking that metro/tram journey. Thierfore meaning 4 off us have used 1 ticket out the 10?! but the above statement says different, or am I getting all confused. Please explain.

Thanks in advance

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: t-10 Tickets - Still a bit confused!!

Hola!

It is one trip discounted for each time the card is validated in the machines.

The first person put the ticket in the machine, so 1 trip is "taken" from the card: 9 trips remaining. Then s/he hands it to the next person, counts another trip: 8 trips remaining... etc. If 4 of you are traveling togheter = 4 trips used.

Hope this helps

Bon viatge!

Palafrugell, Spain
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: t-10 Tickets - Still a bit confused!!

What you described would count as four journeys from the 10 on the T10. The benefit is that you can share the one ticket between the four of you rather than buy a separate ticket each.

London
Level Contributor
620 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: t-10 Tickets - Still a bit confused!!

Oh I see now.....I thought 1 ticket out the 10 would have covered the cost for ALL of us. Ok so it just saves us buying separates....(i knew the way I was thinking was too good to be true). Thanks for that. Will probably purchase 4sets, rather than trying to get away with just the 1 :-)

Barcelona
Level Contributor
666 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: t-10 Tickets - Still a bit confused!!

"Will probably purchase 4sets, rather than trying to get away with just the 1"

If you are always going to be traveling together it is a lot more convenient to buy them as needed, one at a time. When you finish one, get the next one and so on. There are machines (with an easy menu in English) at every metro stop.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,277 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: t-10 Tickets - Still a bit confused!!

I agree with Sputrip: buy as needed, if you are traveling together. For 4 people, I would buy 2 tickets and share. That reduces the probability of losing the little suckers by half. :-)

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,988 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: t-10 Tickets - Still a bit confused!!

With 4 of you at most I would buy 2 t-10s, and then more if needed. The reason to purchase the t-10 is to save money over buying individual tickets, but any savings will be lost if everyone only uses 6/10 rides on their ticket.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: t-10 Tickets - Still a bit confused!!

Definitely 4 ppl traveling for around 1€ would be too good to be true :)

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,988 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: t-10 Tickets - Still a bit confused!!

Gigis_mum, Great minds think alike - lol!!

Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: t-10 Tickets - Still a bit confused!!

Hi Cantwait!

Just thought that I would add in because I found this very useful myself, the T10 ticket can be used on more than one means of transport and all be counted as a single journey provided that your journey is less than 1 hour and 15 minutes. So you can hop from bus to metro or metro to metro etc and do some sightseeing in between and have it all count as one journey as long as it is within the 1hr and 15mins!! Enjoy Barcelona!!

Barcelona
Level Contributor
666 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: t-10 Tickets - Still a bit confused!!

That is not right. You can hop from the metro to the train or bus and it will count as a single journey but if you leave the metro system, that is, if you go out of the station, and enter again, they will charge you again.