We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live guitar music

innerkip, on
Level Contributor
234 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Live guitar music

We are arriving in Barcelona on friday for a week - a couple of old farts in our 50's and want to be able to listen to some good local artists - not interested in the concerts after midnight etc! We are staying in the guinardo district but will go to any places that might have good artists performing. Any ideas??

Spain
Level Contributor
752 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live guitar music

Paco de Lucia is going to play the L'Auditori on Sunday as part of the Barcelona Guitar festival:

theproject.es/es/f-61/24-GUITAR-FESTIVAL-BCN

Spain
Level Contributor
752 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live guitar music

Sorry got the venue wrong its the auditori del forum

http://www.ccib.es/espais/auditori-forum-1

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live guitar music

Flamenco legend! Saw him in London in November. Absolutely excellent and well worth the high ticket price! If you have a chance to see him live go see him!

Spain
Level Contributor
752 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live guitar music

on the saturday night in Sala monasterio,Decadance talk UAL / The Vacilons Project

Don't know the first band but the Vacilons project are indie guitar music.

A good local listings site is www.atiza.com

Spain
Level Contributor
752 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live guitar music

I agree with Nicoleta, if you like guitar music then Paco de Lucia is unmissable. I believe that ticket prices range from 35 to 85€. I've been trying to put it out of my mind since i can't go !

Edited: 11 June 2013, 22:10
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live guitar music

If you like vocals as well you could go and see this beautiful lady - Silvia Perez Cruz, she's got an awesome voice! Playing the Teatre Romea at c/Hospital 51 (near Liceu metro station) on Friday and Saturday. Here's a little taster

http://vimeo.com/67835124

innerkip, on
Level Contributor
234 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live guitar music

Thanks to everyone for all of the ideas - We are so looking forward to hearing some great music. Is there any place where musicians play and sell their cd's like parks or certain places around town?

Spain
Level Contributor
752 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live guitar music

Yes, there are normally guitarists playing and selling CDs in the lanes near the Cathedral (heading thru from the Cathedral to Plaza Sant Jaume)

innerkip, on
Level Contributor
234 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live guitar music

Great - thanks!

10. Re: Live guitar music

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2014, 06:19