We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flights

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Topic
flights

I want to fly from Berlin to Barcelona in august. I am not familiar with Easy Jet airline. The price is very good. It is recommended by any of you? Thank you,

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,296 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flights

Have you checked Vueling and Air Berlin? Those 2 airlines are usually preferred over Easy Jet.

You can read each airlines' reviews on www.airlinequality.com

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
32,336 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flights

Easyjet is the second largest airline operating in europe, and has Hubs in a number of countries.

All european airlines are strictly monitored by the EU aviation authority.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,183 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flights

easyjet is a low-cost company. If you haven't flight yet in one of them, they have their particularities (mostly regarding number, size and weight of luggage). If you miss to comply any of their particularities, then you'll have to pay extra (as this is part of the way they get money). Read all the terms and conditions carefully.

If you are used to low-cost companies, I would say it's better than ryanair but worse than vueling.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
32,336 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flights

All EU LCC airlines must display any or all add ons to the base airfare prior to the customers purchase, which they do when a customer makes a booking online.

Should they be devious in anyway, they would be out of business under EU aviation rules.

The motto is ! When paying two star prices, do not expect five star treatment !!

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flights

I had the worse customer service after a flight re-scheduled by Easyjet. But I do not believe it would be had much better with any other of the low-cost companies... When everything goes well, perfect, when something happens, you see one of the many reasons for their cheap prices.

My personal preference, if similar prices and suitable timetables would be (preferred first):

Vueling

Air Berlin

Easyjet

Ryanair

But in general I would just take the one wich a better schedule for my needs, unless the price difference was really significant.

Bon viatge!

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
13,119 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flights

The worst customer service and treatment that I've ever had, based on well over a hundred flights was with Air France - twice. I don't think that most of the low cost carriers are much worse than the established airlines.

Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St Helier
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
763 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flights

Easyjet are fine! I prefer BA but if Easyjet is the only airline on a particular route I wouldn't hesitate above some of the others.

As someone else has said, just adhere to their guidelines and you should be fine.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
21,421 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: flights

I fly regularly between Barcelona and Berlin, the majority of times with Easyjet. We used to fly airberlin quite a lot (when they had their 29 € deals) but Airberlin has got pretty expensive for that route now. Recently Lufthansa and vueling have started operating TXL-BCN too.

I flew out to berlin with Lufthansa last week, having got a return fare of under 100€ when I booked last September. In the event I had to bring forward my return and yesterday I flew back to BCN with Vueling. The price was about the same as Easyjet but better flight time for me. I paid 20€ extra for choice of seat and one suitcase (cp it would have cost me 18€ with easyjet) . One plus is that a taxi to Tegel airport costs half of the price to SXF

I once had a flight cancelled with Easyjet but they flew a plane over from England the next morning and we were put up in the Intercity hotel by Schönefeld overnight. We also got 250€ each compensation as per EU rules so I have no complaints (unlike with Iberia who never did pay out what they agreed they owed us when we were victims of overbooking and were several hundred euros out of pocket because of hotel cancellations (family group of 5).

So I would add a warning about Vueling here: Vueling code-shares with Iberia and I know they have now started overbooking (just like our case, this was overbooking a flight at the start of a long holiday weekend, Whitsun 2013, 5 people left on the ground in Frankfurt). That would now make me wary of booking vueling on a significant date. There have also been posts here about vueling cancelling routes and changing the days they fly although i think BCN_Berlin is pretty safe as they are popular destinations for people at both ends.

Another thing vueling emulates Iberia with is not notifying you of flight time change if there is one. We flew Vueling on New Year's Eve and it was only when we looked at the monitors inside the airport that we realised that the departure time was 30 minutes ahead of the time given when I booked and even the time given on the invitation for online check-in! 30 mins isn't too bad ; the time it happened flying to Santiago was also 30 minutes, but just imagine if it were 2 hours before: you'd miss the plane!

I also think the staff attitude with Vueling cabin staff has shades of Iberia about it at times: I find the Easyjet staff a lot friendlier. But like Belsaita says, it comes down ultimately to the price plus the convenience of flight time.

Ryanair doesn't fly this route so I don't need to warn you of how "especial" they are.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
21,421 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: flights

Re which airlines one might prefer: the one drawback of Easyjet over vueling and airberlin used to be that there were no assigned seats on Easyjet so boarding cd be a bit stressful esp. if you were a family group wanting to sit together. However since last autumn seats are assigned on Easyjet just like other airlines (except Ryanair) so that disadvantage has gone. You can pay 4€ and choose your seat or otherwise it is assigned (for free) when you do online check-in

10. Re: flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2014, 06:16