We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tibidabo Help

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Tibidabo Help

Hello,

Myself an my partner both want to visit Tibidabo next weekend. It seems quite pricey so we want to work out the best way to get there.

I've read on the Tibidabo website that there is a bus we can wait for somewhere in the centre.. is this worth is or is it easy to get to? I have no sense of direction! :)

Thank you

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tibidabo Help

Will you be visiting the amusement park or do you just want to go for the view and possibly the church? If you're doing the latter, it won't be any more expensive than the price to get there.

Here's the info on the Tibibus: www.sarfa.com/paginas/tibibus_tcc.php…

I've gone there by FGC, Tramvia Blau and funicular. It's pretty straightforward, but it takes a bit of time. You can also take local buses, but I don't know much about that. The Tram ride was probably the highlight of my visit along with the view once we were up there. After that there isn't much to do, unless you want to go for a hike. The church is not very interesting and they make you pay to visit the upstairs. I personally don't think Tibidabo is a must when visiting Barcelona unless perhaps you're really into amusement parks. You can find similar views elsewhere and it won't take up such a big chunk of your day.

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tibidabo Help

We'll be visiting the amusement park, my partner really wants to go and I've picked everything else :)

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tibidabo Help

What does the tibibus take you to, if you use that do you just go on the tram straight after?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tibidabo Help

The Tibibus takes you straight to the park. You don't need to use any other mode of transport.

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tibidabo Help

Thank you you've been very helpful :)

Jersey, Channel...
Destination Expert
for Jersey, St Helier
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
704 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tibidabo Help

We have just returned from Barcelona and visited Tibidabo. We were on the hop on hop off bus so paid 2 euros each to catch the bus the bus stop on the main road to the Funicular. The tram wasn't operating the day we were there so I am not sure if that was just for the day or whether it is off for a longer period.

We paid for a return trip up the funicular, unspectacular and quite expensive at 7.70 Euros a person.

The Church, as someone has said was nothing special and the amusement park was mainly closed last Tuesday, just the Carousel and the little plane that is on a crane. However, they were cleaning some parts of the park so maybe it is due to open soon.

The views were spectacular but I wouldn't particularly make a special journey unless it was very convenient.

We were lucky to get a window table at the bar overlooking Barcelona before you catch the funicular itself and that was also a great view.

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tibidabo Help

The rides are only open on weekends which is why it will have been quiet. I understand people's opinions on it, but as I said my partner wants to go and overall it has brilliant reviews on this website. I just needed to know how to get there.

8. Re: Tibidabo Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2014, 05:16