We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pastry shops near rambla catalunya

Miami FL
Level Contributor
446 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Pastry shops near rambla catalunya

Hi

We are staying on rambla catalunya near ciudad condal. I am looking for suggestions for breakfast that serves yummy croissants or pastries

Thank you

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pastry shops near rambla catalunya

Forn de Sant Jaume is one of my favourite pastry shops in Barcelona and not very far from your location. They have tables out on the rambla where you can have breakfast, merienda or whatever. I highly recommend the xuxos.

facebook.com/pages/…175271422498099

Oregon
Level Contributor
298 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pastry shops near rambla catalunya

Please, what is xuxos???

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,256 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pastry shops near rambla catalunya

Mauri is at Rambla de Catalunya 102.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187497-d1…

barcelona
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pastry shops near rambla catalunya

hi,

beckyras, a xuixo is a pastry filled with cream typical from Catalonia and specially from Girona...if you go to Sant Jaume bakery you can also taste the encasades or enquesades another typical pastry yet difficult to find nowadays

a xuixo (withi recipe):

…blogspot.com.es/2013/02/xuixos-mes.html

Oregon
Level Contributor
298 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pastry shops near rambla catalunya

Thanks .. Looked at recipe, wow, seems quite labor intensive but look delicious!!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,594 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pastry shops near rambla catalunya

I like ensaimadas myself (a speciality of Mallorca but you can find them in Barcelona.

NB Croissants here are often not very yummy as they are not normally made with butter and can be very greasy. That's why I often go for ensaimadas.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,040 posts
465 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pastry shops near rambla catalunya

If I were you. One day Yiu should walk to the born and go to Hofman. It is by far the bed bakery in the city. Everyone knows it sonif Yiu get lost they can point you in the right direction

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,594 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pastry shops near rambla catalunya

I once had a raspberry-filled croissant at Hofmann (on Carrer Flassaders) and that was amazingly good!

hofmann-bcn.com/english/la-escuela/pasteler-…

9. Re: Pastry shops near rambla catalunya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 20:51
Edited: 20 June 2013, 20:51
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,040 posts
465 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pastry shops near rambla catalunya

Yes omg so delicious. Try also the Italian sounding filing. I can't remember the name but I devoured it in seconds it was that good