We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pictures in the Crypt of Colonia Güell

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Pictures in the Crypt of Colonia Güell

For those visiting Colonia Güell, please be aware that pictures are allowed inside the Crypt of the Church there. Until quite recently I think you couldn´t take picture there (quite a pity because is the main reason for going there). I stayed today with some friends and they said we could take all the pictures that we wanted

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pictures in the Crypt of Colonia Güell

Good news! Thanks for sharing JoseAntonio

When I went about 1 year ago it was clearly forbidden, I remember well as I was so dissapointed! (it did not occurred to me to check it before and it was my reason for going there). I may return!

USA
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pictures in the Crypt of Colonia Güell

Oh that is good news! And I have my fingers crossed that José, talented photographer that he is, will find a way to share some of his photos with us.

Colonia Güell is perhaps my favorite of the Gaudí sites i have seen. For folks spending more than a few days on their first trip to Barcelona, I think it is well worth the visit.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,179 posts
3,578 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pictures in the Crypt of Colonia Güell

JoseAntonio:

Thanks for the info. More and more Spanish sights and museums are now allowing photos without flash. I travel frequently and most German cities allow photos without flash in their museums now. I like to take photos of the artwork that impresses me and it is the best souvenir one can take.

I also think it is to the advantage of museums to allow this. People share their photos with friends and it is good propaganda for the museums.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,262 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pictures in the Crypt of Colonia Güell

Hola JoseAntonio i tots!

Thank you for this useful info. I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures too.

5. Re: Pictures in the Crypt of Colonia Güell

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2014, 06:19