We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
14 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay?

Going to Barcelona with my husband in a couple of months. Most likely for 4 nights. Where is the best neighborhood to stay? My friends that have been have all stayed in Las Ramblas but I understand from my own research (it has been limited) that there are many other areas worth staying in. it will just be me and my husband and although we don't dislike the beach it is not a must to be close to the beach. Thank you

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,320 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

Check the Where to Stay Top Question, Lucy. It should help.

London, United...
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

Ah thank you - sorry to trouble you its very useful

Nehalem, Oregon
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?

Lucy, Barcelona is beautiful and offers many nice neighborhoods. But please AVOID booking any apartments with barcelonaforrent.com. They are NOT reputable, offer dirty damaged and unsafe apartments then try to keep your security deposit (per other postings I've read; not my own experience - I got my deposit back after spending hours in their office complaining about the horrible condition of the apartment I rented). Be careful. barcelonaforrent.com goes by a few other names on the internet, but once you get to booking you'll see this business name. Don't book anything with them.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
545 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay?

If you like a place very close to the centre and next to the beach, definitely look for Barceloneta. Barceloneta feels like a small village and it is really cool. Apartments there tend to be quite small and generally not in the best conditions, but they are good enough for the money.

Otherwise, Rambla is great, but try to stay on the south part (where we live :) ) next to the Columbus monument and the sea front. It is the nice part of the rambla

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
488 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay?

@ post 3.. My husband booked an apartment from the site u mentioned & when I tried to look up travellers photos on the net I could only find professional pictures of the apartments, which made me suspicious.. Then I read a few bad reports, so decided to cancel the booking & book a hotel instead (Alexanda).. After reading Ur post I'm so glad I cancelled now

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,349 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay?

where ever you chose to stay, I would look at ensuring there's a good transport link nearby

we arrive on Sunday, and are staying near plaza Espanya

Plaza Espanya, very central, very handy for all transports links, also on route from the airport bus

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,178 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay?

"Otherwise, Rambla is great, but try to stay on the south part (where we live :) ) next to the Columbus monument and the sea front. It is the nice part of the rambla"

Imho, the Rambla is touristy and not a great place to stay. The lower part near the water is the worse part, especially at night.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay?

We booked Hotel Jazz. Will be staying the in a weeks time. Looks great and pretty reasonable prices. It at the top on las Ramblas. It has good reviews!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,178 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay?

I love the Hotel Jazz. It's near Placa de Catalunya. You can take the Aerobus to the Universitat stop and walk a few minutes to the hotel. When departing, the Aerobus doesn't stop at Universitat; you'll have to go over to Placa de Catalunya near El Corte Anglais.

Rome, Italy
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay?

There is a new Hotel just 5 minutes walking to las Ramblas and Placa Catalunya. Everything is new, they just opened this month. The people on the desk is very friendly, I'm italian and they spoke to me in english and italian. They told me that they have very good prices know because they need comments and so on. The hotel is:

http://www.hostallivebarcelona.com

I really recommend it!