We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Barcelona to Girona day drip

Parma, Italy
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
From Barcelona to Girona day drip

Where can I take the bus from Barcelona for Girona?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Barcelona to Girona day drip

Buses depart from Estació del Nord.

Check www.sagales.com (be sure you check times from buses to Girona town, not to Girona airport)

However, most people prefer the train: slow trains are more frequent, take same time as bus and are cheaper. Plus these stop in a few stations in Barcelona so may be more convenient (well, in case you're staying next to Estació del Nord it will be bus)

Or, fast trains depart from Sants. Not many per day but faster and very comfortable (however, depending from where you have to go to Sants may not be any total time savings)

I know you asked specifically for buses, but consider what is more convenient in your case, it mainly depends on your departure point in Barcelona, where you stay.

Bon viatge!

Parma, Italy
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Barcelona to Girona day drip

I will stay in hotel near Plaza de Espana...

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Barcelona to Girona day drip

So, you're staying 10 minutes walking from Sants train station (both fast and slow trains) and about 20 mins by metro from Estació del Nord (bus).

I know what would be my choice, but its up to you ;-)

Parma, Italy
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Barcelona to Girona day drip

How distant is Girona? Would it be better to take a fast or slow train? CAn I buy the tickets on board or in the train station? Thanks a lot for your help!!!!

5. Re: From Barcelona to Girona day drip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 15:36
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Barcelona to Girona day drip

Girona is about 80km from Barcelona. You can buy the train tickets at the station, or online for those trains allowing it. You need the ticket to reach the platforms.

I never used the faster trains (Avant, AVE) to Girona, because from my place all time savings and convenience will be lost if I had to go to Sants to take one of these, I live in the opposite part of town and walking distance to another station. But I used the AVE/Avant to other destinations and these are nicer and comfortable than the MD trains and even more than the regional trains (but the slow trains are fine too for a short trip like this one)

Check www.renfe.com for timetables and prices.

Parma, Italy
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From Barcelona to Girona day drip

Thanks, you've been really helpful to me!!!

Parma, Italy
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: From Barcelona to Girona day drip

I have only one question more: as I'll be in Girona only one day, what shouldn't I miss to see?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: From Barcelona to Girona day drip

You're welcome tamerlano77

The "must sees" are so personal, but for me would be:

- the Creation Tapestry and the cloister at the cathedral

- walking the ramparts

- having a hot chocolate at l'Antiga and an ice-cream at Rocambolesc (I may forgive lunch when in Girona LOL)

and just wandering around the medieval quarter

And do not forget to kiss the lioness's butt (if you read my tip on the link below you will understand ;-)

members.virtualtourist.com/m/42b95/41210/a/

Parma, Italy
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: From Barcelona to Girona day drip

As I was born under the sign of the lion, I won't miss it!!!!!!!!Thanks!