We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Online Newspapers

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
164 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Online Newspapers

Hello All,

4 days to Barcelona :)

I know El Mundo has an online Barcelona section to their news, but is there a local Barcelona paper online. I knows it may sound odd, but I like to get a feel of whats going on when I go to a new place.

Thanks All..

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Online Newspapers

Hi oconn11, its always nice to know whats happening where you go. I try to read newspapers from where I travel when I can too

The 2 major Barcelona-based newspapers do have Spamish versions:

www.lavanguardia.com

www.elperiodico.com

There are more in Catalan, for instance

www.ara.cat

www.elpuntavui.cat

You can get a very different idea about Catalunya reading any of these compared to El Mundo or other papers based in Madrid ;-)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
164 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Online Newspapers

Perfect! Thank you..

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
164 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Online Newspapers

Do you mind if I ask a different question...

I am hoping to see the Castellers saturday at 1900 at Barcelona Cathedral. Do you know if there will also be a sardana at 1800?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Online Newspapers

No idea about sardana places and timetables, sorry... I do not care about these (oh, well, this is supposed to be my national dance, and I'm pretty sure I would get emotional if I ever found a sardana event when in a foreing country... But here I usually avoid them ;-)))

Probably better ask a new question and someone in the know would reply.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
164 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Online Newspapers

:)

6. Re: Online Newspapers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 05:17