We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to find the best hotel in Barcelona?

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bucuresti
1 post
Save Topic
How to find the best hotel in Barcelona?

Hola,

On July 20th I arrive to Barcelona and spend a night in this great city, 2 days for visit and then I go to a cruise from the port of Barcelona.

I need to stay one night in a hotel near the best attractions of the city, also should be not far from the port, a quiet and nice - not expensive - hotel. (I do not intend to spend time in the room...).

There are thousounds of hotels, hostels, apartments and I don't know what to chose, where to go.

I also need to have transportation from the airport to the hotel, if you can advice, please, what is the best solution.

thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to find the best hotel in Barcelona?

Hi

If I can make a recommendation, how's about the Tryp Apolo - tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187497-d2315…

I stayed there for the week that has just past and had a pretty good experience with the hotel. I only cared about having somewhere to come back to so I could sleep and get refreshed, plus it's pretty close to a few of the places you'd want to visit, such as La Ramblas, the Marina, Montjuic etc. It was also easy to get there. I took a number 46 bus from the airport to Placa D'Espana and then walked down Avinguda del Paral·lel to the hotel, but you can get the Metro from Paca D'Espana to Paral-lel station which is 2 stops away and the exit put's you right outside the hotel.

Hope this helps and that you enjoy your time in Barcelona, it's a fantastic place :-)

O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
Level Contributor
5,723 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to find the best hotel in Barcelona?

Booking .com use this link covering the city http://tinyurl.com/nmlzkjl

Honest reviews one can search on a map. review ratings and one can define searches to your needs, like price, facilities.

How to get to and from hotel will depend on location but all of the ideas can be found on the top right of this page.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
806 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to find the best hotel in Barcelona?

We stayed at the Hesperia Tower, on the outskirts, but loved it

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,092 posts
3,501 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to find the best hotel in Barcelona?

You can look for a hotel near the Plaza de Catalunya, which is downtown and close and walkable to many sights.

5. Re: How to find the best hotel in Barcelona?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2014, 05:18