We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Festa Major de Gràcia

adelaide
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Topic
Festa Major de Gràcia

hi! my boyfriend and i will be in barcelona from the 10th- 17th of August this year and heard that the Festa Major de Gràcia will be on from the 15th - 21st? we would love to catch the beginning of the festival!

we are wondering the best way to get to the festival? we are staying at hostal Nilo... is this walking distance?

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
13,119 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Festa Major de Gràcia

It's a longish walk and uphill. I'd get the metro, I think, to Diagonal or Verdaguer, perhaps. I've just provided some info in a couple of longish answers on another thread - I'll grab a link and paste it in here in a minute ...

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
13,119 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Festa Major de Gràcia

Some info about transport and other festival related stuff here ...

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187497-i44-k671…

A shed load more info and pics here ...

…travelpod.com/travel-blog/…tpod.html

I think you might be there for the small but ancient Festa Major de Sant Roc, too, which might have a little correfoc. You may not know it yet, but you really want to experience a correfoc. Just remember it's a little one so not at all frightening.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
7,906 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Festa Major de Gràcia

Correfoc on festes de sant roc could be great going for those small streets:

22.00 h.CORREFOC amb els Diables del Barri Gòtic, la Víbria de Barcelona i les colles convidades: la Lloba de Calella i la Víbria Llacunalba de Canyelles.

Recorregut: Plaça Nova, Palla, Banys nous, Baixada de Santa Eulàlia, Sant Sever, Sant Felip Neri, Plaça de Sant Felip Neri, Montjuïc del Bisbe, Plaça Garriga i Bachs, Bisbe i Plaça Nova.

scaring!!!

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
adelaide
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Festa Major de Gràcia

great, thanks for the info!

Palafrugell, Spain
Level Contributor
1,239 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Festa Major de Gràcia

We always went to Joanic (one on from Verdaguer) metro station or Fontana on the other side. The Festa de Gracia covers quite a large area with some hugely creative and vivid street art. It's best seen in daylight and you have to tour the streets to see it all and obviously lots of music and festivities in the evening.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
13,119 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Festa Major de Gràcia

The Sant Roc correfoc is certainly quite exciting, Slatkin - as you say, those narrow lanes concentrate the action.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
185 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Festa Major de Gràcia

One of the nicest street is the carrer Verdi, they often get the First price. At night, streets' decorations are lighted and it is so great to see ...

Suzy

Cocoonbarcelona

adelaide
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Festa Major de Gràcia

sounds great! cant wait to see it!

9. Re: Festa Major de Gràcia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2014, 06:19