We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reliable taxi company from Barcelona Airport

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
reliable taxi company from Barcelona Airport

Can anyone suggest a reliable and not to expensive taxi company from Barcelona Airport to Costa Brava?

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,362 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reliable taxi company from Barcelona Airport

There are numerous official Barcelona taxis just outside the airport exit doors. They are yellow & black and are marshalled. You should not normally have to wait very long. I fear that a taxi ride to Costa Brava will be rather expensive though. It is likely to be more expensive using a pre-booked transfer company.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reliable taxi company from Barcelona Airport

Where in Costa Brava? It is a quite long strip of coast. You can estimate taxi prices around 1€ pet Km + airport fee + highway tolls (but using the toll-free road may end costing more as it takes forever). In any case, it is not the same going to Blanes or Cadaqués or Port Bou... Going to the later may cost double than the fist one!

In any case, as PC said above, a pre-arranged transfer will most likely work even more expensive than a regular taxi.

You can make a rough estimate (I would say distance in Km + 25€ to be on the safe side) and ask the driver upon arrival. But, in any case, taxis are metered, so they never say an exact figure, but a price range.

Or, trains and buses may be (or may be not) much cheaper and maybe still convenient options (again depends on where you're going).

Ottawa, Canada
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: reliable taxi company from Barcelona Airport

I booked a private service called the "Barcelona Taxi Van" . They have a website under that name. They offer a transfer service to/from the Barcelona Airport. I booked them to take 4 of us and 5 pieces of large luggage from our condo in the Olympic village to the airport for an early morning flight. I wanted to use a van so we could all travel together and the company quoted a fare of 60 Euros all inclusive. This is important because in Barcelona taxi's charge by distance but as well for each passenger and each piece of luggage so the fare you see on the meter is not always the final fare. A cab from the airport to downtown costs about 20 to 25 Euros so the van was comparable.

Booking was done via email, the driver arrived promptly at the right time, spoke excellent english, was dressed in a suit, was helpful courteous and knowledgeable. I would use this company as a transfer service again.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: reliable taxi company from Barcelona Airport

a small correction to the answer above:

"This is important because in Barcelona taxi's charge by distance but as well for each passenger and each piece of luggage so the fare you see on the meter is not always the final fare"

Barcelona taxis do NOT charge per passenger (it will be the same price if you're 1 or 4, or more in a taxi-van) and since this year do NOT charge per luggage.

So, a regular taxi-van hailed on the street should have not cost more than 30-35€. A different issue is finding one of these big taxis around just when you need one... So pre-booking may save you time, but no money. And 60€ is a expensive quote for a trip to the airport in any case.

Fares are regulated by the city council and can be find at every taxi (sticker usually in the rear "passenger" window) and online:

taxibarcelona.cat/portals/0/pdfs/hemeroteca/…

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
6,654 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: reliable taxi company from Barcelona Airport

RockyK1955,

taxis in Barcelona charge per distance and time, not for passanger or piece of luggage, so a large taxi at the airport for 4 plus 5 big luggage has a total cost around 25 instead of 60.

edit; this time the other cat was faster :p

Edited: 23 September 2013, 12:34
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: reliable taxi company from Barcelona Airport

Meowwwww! ^_^

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: reliable taxi company from Barcelona Airport

Just have to say that I have appreciated both of the cats information. have gathered a lot of info from both of you and will be using your advise next week - very excited!

8. Re: reliable taxi company from Barcelona Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2014, 05:17