We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona in winter

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
KL
Level Contributor
265 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Barcelona in winter

Hi

Plan to go to barcelona during Christmas. Is it good during this season ?

Thanks

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,092 posts
3,501 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona in winter

KK0507:

Yes, Barcelona is a very nice place to visit during winter. Just dress warmly in layers. Stores may be too warm, so you need to remove one layer to feel comfortable. This is a common problem in Spain during winter.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
545 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona in winter

I agree, Barcelona is nice all the year around! Many houses in Barcelona do not have heat. The temperature can go down, but it is usually warmer that the interior. In any case bring some warm things with you and also an umbrella. Usually, it will never rain for long time. Last year we had a really long winter (until may) but sometime it is possible to go to the beach in sunny days until November. Enjoy Barcelona!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelona in winter

I was there between Christmas and New Year last year and enjoyed it very much. It was about 17 degrees during the daytime and I had glorious sunshine every day. Lovely!

KL
Level Contributor
265 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelona in winter

Thanks all for the update. 17 degrees is not bad during Christmas time. Will try to plan for the trip this Christmas

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelona in winter

Mind that weather is quite crazy around here. 17C is warm for that time of the year, of course it is possible, or even warmer at midday. But do not count on it.

Averages for December here are around 12-14C. Averages! I have been sunbathing on the beach on Chrismas or New Year. But the year I moved to Barcelona I nearly broke an ankle slipping on iced pavement. Temps below zero are VERY rare, but do happen!

In any case, around Christmas is a great time to visit. Just do not have wrong expectations.

Bon viatge!

Barcelona...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelona in winter

Barcelona is best to be enjoyed at winter because there is so much less tourists on the streets.

There are so many nice things to do in and close to Barcelona during the winter!

Here is our piece of advice:

-Go to Placa Sant Jaume to see the Christmas (Navidad) scene - every year it is different and very creative!

-Walk along the decorated streets of Barrio Gotico – admiring the shining lights and Christmas spirit.

-Try figure skating at the artificial indoor ice skating rink on Placa Catalunya

-Take a Tapas and wine city tour with a local guide and find out the hidden gems

-Have a cup of hot chocolate in a bar La Granja which has remains of a real roman wall inside

-Eat grilled chestnuts and baked sweet potatoes at the streets

-Have a 2 day romantic wine and gourmet escape with lodging in a very special rural guest house – former 10th century chapel Christmas Fairy Tale – it is close to the medieval village (only 1.5 hour drive from Barcelona)

7. Re: Barcelona in winter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2014, 05:15