We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recent Restaurant Reviews???

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bellmore, New York
Level Contributor
815 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Recent Restaurant Reviews???

Have not read that many recent restaurant reviews. Any advice on restaurants that are not "tourist traps?" Possibly in the Gothic quarter or in El Born. More interested in moderate priced restaurants.

Thanks,

Karen

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recent Restaurant Reviews???

Here the list of the 4 favourite restaurants in all price categories of the manager of Hotel Omm, Clementina Mila Mencos, as listed in National Geographic Traveller :

Commerc 24, C del Commerc 24, El Born , pricey but still affordable and at top level. tel. 3192102

Casa Leopoldo, C de Sant Rafael 24, Raval.

cheap fish restauarnt, one of the best of Barcelona

tel. 4413014

Bestial, C de Ramon Trias Fargas 2, Vila Olimpic . tel. 2240407

Euskal Etxea, Pl. Montcada 1-3, El Born, tel. 3102185

a Basque tapas bar, cheap (order a txacoli, Basque apple cider)

Also: Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya, for lunch with spectacular view, no need to buy museum entrance to get in to this restaurant.which few people know so it is quiet there.

El 4 Gats, C de Montsio 3, Barri Gotic.

La Taverna d'En Pep , C de la Maquinista 8, Barceloneta,

for tapas.

I personally liked www.elconvent.com behind the Boqueria market.

Quite nice and friendly prices.

leeds
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Recent Restaurant Reviews???

I came back yesterday from Barcelona after a 4 day break with my fiance. We really enjoyed the restaurants we went to.

We returned to Cometacinc on Cometa in the Gothic Quarter. We went during our stay last year and returned as it was so good and a real "find". Very well priced at 70 euro for 2 for three courses with a glass of cava before and a bottle of wine with. Excellant service and the food is beautifully presented and good quality sourced from the market

We booked in adavance for Agua down on the seafront on Saturday night and were given an excellant table on the terrace. Location superb. I had read mixed reviews so was sceptical. Whilst the service is good but not over friendly the meal was lovely and again reasonable at 85 euro for 2 people; three courses with wine and the food, esp dessert, was very good and a bit different. However we went to the bar next door an usual themed trendy bar with beds to lie on whilst quaffing varios cocktails...I would avoid it; overpriced, pretentious and crammed to the rafters with girlies all dressed alike spending daddy's money.

El Xampanyet is a must for good tapas and cava...a very different experience but a bit more expensive than we expected. We did however get the mixed tapas which seemed to be every dish in the place and had 2 bottles of delicious cava. Can choose your own tapas though.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
330 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recent Restaurant Reviews???

Try some restaurants around Plaza De Palau. Lonja de Tapas has excellent tapas and right next door is Al Passatorre Italian/Pizza great food, very inexpensive. The Plaza de Palau is at the end of the Gothic Quarter/El Born/La Ribera area. Very nice and far enough away frm the "touristy" area.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recent Restaurant Reviews???

I found a really excellent travelogue (tripreport) on

www.thetravelzine.com/Barcelona2006.htm

Bellmore, New York
Level Contributor
815 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recent Restaurant Reviews???

Thanks for the great advice! Too many to choose from.

Karen

6. Re: Recent Restaurant Reviews???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 15:17