We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long to go for?

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
How long to go for?

Hi lovely people,

I am thinking about going to Barcelona solo next month. But I haven't decided how long for. I could go for a week, or just for 3-4 days. (Budget is not an issue)

How long is a good time to see everything? Is there enough to do to keep me busy for 7 days?

I like architecture, history, football etc. (I want to go watch a match at Nou Camp). I hardly speak any spanish so anything that requires me to know good spanish isn't good.

Thanks in advance!

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
545 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long to go for?

You can stay also one month and do every day something different.

Barcelona is one of the few places good to visit and to live, too.

In any case, if you don't have any other things organized, you can stay without problems 7 days.

And if you have enough of Barcelona you can also think to do some day trips to Sitges, Montserrat, Girona, Figueres, etc. Hope this can help you!

Edited: 19 August 2013, 22:36
Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,183 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long to go for?

And seeing as it's September if you time your visit with La Merce festival you can find even more than usual to see and do.

You don't need Spanish for anything tourist related. Local people speak Catalan anyway which is a different language although quite a lot of people in the tourist industry are from outside the region and are more likely to speak Spanish before Catalan. If you get by in English you will be alright.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long to go for?

Ive been twice on my own, and went for like 3/4 days each time and found enough to keep me occupied. It really is a beautiful city with plenty to see and plenty to do.

I dont think I could have made it a whole week though, on the nights I found myself at a loss more than the day because I wasnt always comfortable going out to eat on my own etc, but thats me.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,183 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long to go for?

If you go for La Merce as referenced above, the only problem you'll have at night is finding time to eat.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,309 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How long to go for?

If you come for a week and get bored in Barcelona there are lots of possible day-trips by public transport tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187497-c4043/Barcelo…

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How long to go for?

Thank you everyone! The La Merce festival seems interesting... I will try and research that more and maybe time my trip and go there.

Gigglypuff2, I think I'd probably be similar to you. (although, what did you eat then?!)

But I am planning on braving it out at least one night and go out and see how it is. Fingers crossed!

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,183 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How long to go for?

Your research could start with the La Merce Top Question, Reg. Any one of half a dozen planned events might well be worth the cost of your flights.

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How long to go for?

La Merce Top Question? Sorry, not sure what you mean.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,183 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How long to go for?

There are a number of FAQ type questions on the right hand side called Top Questions, Reg. La Merce has one.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How long to go for?

Reg, you need the full screen version of this website in order to be able to view the Top Question on the right hand side. You won't seee it when you access the forum via app on iPhone or tablet. There's plenty of useful info there. ;-)