We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gothic Quarter

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Topic
Gothic Quarter

Hi, want to get from Sagrada Familia to Gothic Quarter by metro, do I change at Clot & what stop would be the most central ?

Thanks. D

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,112 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gothic Quarter

I'd rather take blue line (L5) to Verdaguer -1 stop- and change to the yellow line (L4) and stop in Jaume I, that's right in the middle of the Gothic Quarter.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gothic Quarter

From where you get you must go to Clot? In any case, you could change in Clot to line 1 (red) to Urquinaona and walk down Vía Laietana or change again to line 4 (yellow) to Jaume I... But the route suggested by Enric above is shorter, easier and takes you closer to your destination.

Bon viatge!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gothic Quarter

Thanks for your help we're actually staying in Badalona do you know anything on this area?

Cheers.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,112 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gothic Quarter

Badalona has two areas which you should have a stroll in: the centre, located around the City Hall, it's a small area where the fishermen used to live. Most buildings are only two stories high. Nowadays is full of shops, small cafes and restaurants. Shopping in Badalona is slightly cheaper than in Barcelona, especially in this area. At the end of the main street you have the beach (and the Rodalies train station). At the beachfront there are also a few bars with terraces facing the sea as well as a few fast food places. The second area is near the Santa Maria church, in the upper part of town. This is the original settlement of Badalona some 2300 years ago. It's full of very small cobbled streets and there are no shops nor bars, but it's a very peaceful place worth having a stroll. Don't forget to visit the church. Nearby you have the Badalona Museum (http://www.museudebadalona.cat/) where you can see examples of the glorious Roman past of this town. Badalona (Betulo in Roman times) used to be an important settlement. Other places of interest are the Godmar Castle (11th century) and the Can Canyadó farmhouse (15th century). Check more info at Badalona's City Hall portal: http://badalona.cat/

If you like Mexican food, there's a small restaurant appropiatly named "Mexicali" just 100 yards from the City Hall Square which you should drop by. The food is very good as well as the whole setting, very cozzy. And it's quite inexpensive.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gothic Quarter

Wow... Enric thank you for your interesting info, credit to you ! I believe we've made a good choice of staying in Badalona so we can relax at night after a hectic day in your beautiful city.

Thank you. D

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,112 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Gothic Quarter

Actually I'm more of a big city slicker but I love to drop by from time to time and stroll the centre of Badalona.

Edited: 29 August 2013, 11:35
7. Re: Gothic Quarter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2014, 05:17