We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone stayed at 227-Plaza Universidad?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone stayed at 227-Plaza Universidad?

Hi

This apartment is on tripadviser through a rental company called Reservetous. Does anyone know whether they are a trustworthy company? I have looked for reviews but can't find either positive or negative.

Thanks

Best Seller
France, Andorra, and Spain from...
1,024 reviews
from US$144.40*
Best Seller
Priority Access: Barcelona Sagrada...
2,930 reviews
from US$48.50*
Barcelona City Tour, Sagrada Familia...
1,641 reviews
from US$110.70*
Special Offer
Montserrat Tour from Barcelona...
417 reviews
from US$110.98*
US$116.83
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
545 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone stayed at 227-Plaza Universidad?

I can not help you about the property, but I can tell that the location is good. You are at short distance from Plaza Catalunya and you can be very well connected with the airport. Hope this can help!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone stayed at 227-Plaza Universidad?

Ok.thanks for that. I don't feel comfortable booking without any past reviews to look at.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone stayed at 227-Plaza Universidad?

Has anyone used Reservetous in the past?thanks

New Orleans...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone stayed at 227-Plaza Universidad?

Did you end up staying there? I just booked it for 9 of us next March. Let mw know

Thanks

New Orleans...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone stayed at 227-Plaza Universidad?

Did you end of using them? How was it? Did you stay at the above apartment? I just booked it for 9 of us next March....

Thanks

T'Anne

Taipei, Taiwan
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,293 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone stayed at 227-Plaza Universidad?

T'Anne,

I don't think h123_11 booked this apt. In post # 2, he says that he's not comfortable booking an apt which has no previous reviews. In this other thread, when he asked about the agency, I commented that the Terms & Conditions were not the same as other Barcelona rental agencies.

tripadvisor.com/…52462320

You were asking last time about Bcn Negre. Did that apt not work our for you? There's a list of agencies often mentioned on this forum. Bcn Negre is one of them.

Barcelona, Spain
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone stayed at 227-Plaza Universidad?

Dear Tanne samson,

Thanks for trusting in us and booking with us , please do share your experience after your stay. We,re integrating facebook review box under every of our apartments.

You have booked for the following date

Property: Plaza Universidad

Check-in date: Sat, 08 Mar 2014

Check-out date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014

Stay: 7 night(s)

Everything is intact thanks and regards,

And for those that hasnt book we do appreciate your comment, it will help us to serve you better.We are verified and a new tourist rental agency on flipkey,holidayletings and tripadvisor ofcourse.

For more information please do not hesitate to contact emmanuel@reservetous.com - +34934211047 or +34638577120

Best regards and have a great holiday experience ,

Emmanuel Ozurigbo

New Orleans...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone stayed at 227-Plaza Universidad?

Looking forward to being there next Saturday!!

Nyon, Switzerland
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone stayed at 227-Plaza Universidad?

Unfortunately we had a very negative, stressful and frustrating experience with Emmanuel from Reservetous. After a long search to find the right holiday apartment, we booked the calle soria apartment in Barceloneta via airbnb. We chose this apartment because it met our requirements: very close to the beach, not on the ground floor, balcony, light bathroom with window, and Emmanuel agreed ahead of time to give us a late check-in and late check-out without charge.

However, a few hours before our arrival on Saturday evening Emmanuel told us that there had been a problem with calle soria but they could provide a substitute apartment for us while it was being fixed. We looked at the substitute (calle bruguera) online, and it had none of the features upon which we had originally decided on an apartment from Reservetous — it was not so close to the beach, on the ground floor, no balcony... in fact it was dark, very damp, had a bathroom in which the shower door did not even close, smelled very badly of mould throughout the apartment, and the kitchen was poorly equipped. Emmanuel promised that they were fixing the problem in calle soria and that they would move us into calle soria or a similar apartment with the chosen features by noon on Monday. We consider ourselves understanding, and thought it would be only for two nights, so we stayed.

On Monday morning Emmanuel messaged us that he had no other apartment for us and he expected us to stay in the calle bruguera and offered a “small” 30EUR refund (a less than 5% discount that is hardly satisfying if you're staying in an apartment without any of the core features). He also said that the late check-in would be free but we pointed out that this had already been settled ahead of time. We requested a more substantial refund, but he would offer no more than 50EUR upon checkout the next Saturday. Without other options, we were forced to stay.

We were woken at 8.30am the final morning from keys unlocking the door by a kind woman who apologised and said that she thought she had booked the apartment from 9am onwards and would return later. We then received a message from Emmanuel that someone would come at 11am for the check-out. We reminded him that he had already promised a late check-out, it was not our fault that he had double-booked, and we had made plans accordingly. He sent us to the rental agency office, where he was nowhere to be seen, and we instead needed to negotiate with a “colleague” of his for our late check-out.

Over a week after we'd left Emmanuel still hadn't refunded the 50 EUR. When checking with him, he responded in a very unprofessional way "stay calm, no worries, it'll be done today”. This was over a week ago and we still haven't received any refund from him...

Emmanuel was incredibly unprofessional: not registering agreements with guests, double-booking them, avoiding them, and offering them excuses and insultingly small (and it seems, non-existent) refunds as compensation. We do not blame whatever issue calle soria had on Emmanuel, but the whole experience of how he dealt with his guests was very, very unsatisfying.

Taipei, Taiwan
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,293 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone stayed at 227-Plaza Universidad?

carohafen,

Sorry to hear of your terrible ordeal. Using airbnb, the idea is that you should report any problem asap. By doing so, the apt owner would not have been paid. He should have notified you much earlier. You were too kind to accept the substitute apt. It was probably a case of bait and switch. To help future visitors, pls give us a link to the apt listing on airbnb.

Emmanuel,

I will remember your name and what you did. If another TA member asks about your service, I'll give them a link to this thread.