We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Friday night in Barcelona

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
22 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Friday night in Barcelona

Hey Guys,

Just wondering how late Barcelona pubs stay open on Friday nights? I arrive quite late (11 at night) will there be place to drink around the gothic quarter?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Friday night in Barcelona

Do not worry, at that time some of the best places may be still just opening ;-))

Bars and pubs open until 3am. Most start being really busy after midnight.

Avoid Las Ramblas and head to Carrer Ample, carrer de La Mercé... great bars around there. Or continue walking a bit more to Passeig del Born and nearby streets.

Have fun!

Edited: 04 September 2013, 20:04
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,615 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Friday night in Barcelona

Indeed worldwidetraveller86.... this is Mediterranean-country :)))))

As @belsaita says 11pm you'll find many pubs/bars are not even opened yet as many 'partygoers' are still having dinner be at home or in restaurants. Fridays and Saturdays in particular are very busy and it's quite normal to find the streets full as if it was 5pm until quite late (quite late!). There are several areas in the city where this is in full motion... around Las Ramblas, Barri Gotic and El Raval; also around Santaló and Aribau streets, just above Diagonal; Rambla Catalunya, especially in the mid sections; El Poble Nou, especially around the Sala Razzmatazz night club; the beachfront around Port Olympic as well as the Old Port by the end of Las Ramblas...

In short, "no 11pm bell indicating no more drinks" here in Barcelona... you know what I mean ;)

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,600 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Friday night in Barcelona

I think some of the bars in Barcelona close. They must do because if you come back in the day time some of them have the shutters up. Don't worry. The night is young.

Copenhagen, Denmark
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Friday night in Barcelona

I just got back from Barcelona and boy, do the pubs and clubs open and close late! Some of the pubs don't even open until 11AM and all of the ones that I've visited were filled by the time that I left (4 or 5 in the morning). You'll have no trouble getting a drink (or two) in the gothic quarter!

Copenhagen, Denmark
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Friday night in Barcelona

I just got back from Barcelona and boy, do the pubs and clubs open and close late! Some of the pubs don't even open until 11AM and all of the ones that I've visited were filled by the time that I left (4 or 5 in the morning). You'll have no trouble getting a drink (or two) in the gothic quarter!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
22 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Friday night in Barcelona

Excellent thanks for all your comments... made me feel at ease :) first day of holidays so for sure will be in the mood for some beer/rum :) Ya I hate Irish closing times but to be honest it's probably for the best here!!!

Edited: 04 September 2013, 23:26
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
57,711 posts
3,574 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Friday night in Barcelona

worldwide:

The Spanish are night owls and are used to night life. Many tourists ask "When do the Spanish sleep?" Remember that many of them have to be at work at 9 am.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Friday night in Barcelona

And many of us must be at work even earlier :)

The liveliest nights are Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays... this not meaning other nights are dead, just quieter as many locals will not stay out past 1 am LOL

9. Re: Friday night in Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2014, 06:19