We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona Sants station

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
132 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelona Sants station

We are taking the train out to Valencia on Wed morning from Sants station. Have booked our tickets already.

1. Is it enough to show our tickets on the phone or can we show it at a counter there n get a printed ticket?

2. Are there security checks on luggage? I read that we need to send luggage through a conveyor.

3. Are there any weight restrictions on the luggage we are carrying with us? Are they very strict about this? We have 2 giant suitcases with us- the effect of having a 7 month baby along. :-)

4. We are staying in Pere IV in El Poblenou. How much time should we estimate for traveling to Sants? The train is at 9 am. What time should we ideally leave home?

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
58,425 posts
3,578 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona Sants station

Kitty:

1.If you booked your tickets on the internet you could have printed them.

2. The security check is cursory but you have to put your luggage on the conveyor.

3. The restrictions on luggage are not enforced. However go early so you can stow your luggage on the luggage rack at the end of the car. Otherwise you have to store your luggage on the overhead rack. If it is the overhead rack, look for a young man to help you.

4. Be at the station 40 minutes before your trip so you have a chance of putting your luggage on the luggage rack at the end of the car.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona Sants station

If you received the barcode in your phone you do not need to print anything. Save it in passbook or as a picture, to easily find it. You will be asked to show it before the luggage security scan (this is like in airports, but less strict) and it will be scanned to allow you to reach your train's departure track. You may be asked to show it to board the train or at any time once on board. Just be sure your phone does not run out of battery! (this is why I usually print my tickets, just in case)

I've never seen the weight limits enforced. In practice, the weight limit is "how much you can handle by yourself". Mind that you will have to drag your luggage around, and not only in the train.

Pere IV is a long street, so it really depends on where's your departure point but I'd allow at least 30 minutes for the taxi ride (with huge luggage taxi is the only sensible option) plus as Benny suggested, arrive at the station 40 minutes before your train departure.

Bon viatge!

3. Re: Barcelona Sants station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2014, 06:20