We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will 5 full days and one evening be enough for Barcelona?

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Will 5 full days and one evening be enough for Barcelona?

I had a difficult time deciding on my itinerary for Lisbon, Barcelona and Berlin for August 2014.

Decided on:

Layover in Brussels (arrive at 11 A.M and depart on the following day)

Arrive in Berlin in early morning followed by 4 full days

Arrive in Barcelona in the early afternoon followed by 5 full days

Arrive in Lisbon early in the morning followed by one full day

Should I delete the layover in Brussels and make it 5 full days in Berlin? I only plan to do one day trip from Berlin.

I have been to Spain before and visited the major cities. This will be my first time in Germany and I plan to go again to Frankfurt and Munich.

Edited: 01 October 2013, 02:57
San Diego...
Level Contributor
105 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will 5 full days and one evening be enough for Barcelona?

My friend and I just spent an amazing 3.5 days in Barcelona and we both felt it was a perfect amount of time. We walked all over town, caught the subway, saw the major Gaudi sights, Picasso museum, and spent time enjoying leisurely lunches.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to do in and outside of the city for 5 days.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,318 posts
3,494 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will 5 full days and one evening be enough for Barcelona?

silCa:

Yes, you will be able to see many things with 5 full days. Read the top questions for what to see.

3. Re: Will 5 full days and one evening be enough for Barcelona?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2013, 13:53
California
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Will 5 full days and one evening be enough for Barcelona?

My interests are history , culture, good and architecture. I plan to go to major museums, maybe 2 or 3 per city except for Brussels which I plan take advantage of the layover.

Oregon
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will 5 full days and one evening be enough for Barcelona?

I have been here four days and there is so much I still want to see! Lovely, friendly city.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
3,981 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Will 5 full days and one evening be enough for Barcelona?

I would add more time for brussels and especially for lisbon

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,151 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Will 5 full days and one evening be enough for Barcelona?

Nobody has asked you when you expect to be in Barcelona. If you have an interest in culture then the Festa Major de Gracia and the ancient Festa Major de Sant Roc both take place in mid-month and would be worth trying to plan for.

As for Brussels, a good friend of mine lived for a couple of years in Belgium and grew to loathe the country. He has recently returned to live in Brussels (he was previously in a very provincial location) and has changed his view dramatically, although it has taken him several months to get there. I'm hoping to get across to visit him soon. Would not Brussels - Frankfurt - Berlin make more sense in terms of traval time and not retracing your steps?

California
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Will 5 full days and one evening be enough for Barcelona?

This is for July 31, 2014 to August 13, 2014

9. Re: Will 5 full days and one evening be enough for Barcelona?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 October 2013, 19:35
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,110 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Will 5 full days and one evening be enough for Barcelona?

About 10 years ago my husband and I spent 5 nights, 4 full days in Barcelona. We took one day to do a day trip to Montserrat and we rented a car one day for Figueroa for the Dali Museum and then drove out to a small town on the sea frequented by Picaso back in the day. In Barcelona we enjoyed the great food and visited the various Gaudi sites including spending several hours at Sagrada Familia and at Parc Guell. This amount of time worked well for us.