We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainy Days

scotland
Level Contributor
90 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Rainy Days

Oh dear... We head out to Barcelona for 3 days tomorrow afternoon then we'll be spending 3 days in Sant Sadurni for Cavatast. I've just had a look at the weather and it's forecast for rain and thunder the whole time!

Any ideas on good rainy weather activities/ places to spend a few hours in Barcelona? I'm thinking mainly in La Ribera and Gracia. We've been to Barcelona a few times and done a lot of the galleries and museums so this time I was hoping to see some of the lesser known Modernist buildings and a few of the outdoor markets, we may have to change that plan :(

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,245 posts
3,585 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rainy Days

spacetrace:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187497-c113704/Barce…

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
6,969 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rainy Days

looking at meteocat service web it says some rain on thursday and friday, some drops on saturday, but it should not rain all day so sun could shine too.

meteo.cat/servmet/…d2.html

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,989 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rainy Days

In the unlikely event that it rains a lot (where do these pessimistic forecasts that are often being reported come from) then you should definitely make your way to the new Born Cultural Centre. You can easily spend a couple of hours in there.

Some pics starting here ...

…travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/penguinch…

scotland
Level Contributor
90 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rainy Days

Thanks everyone. We leave for Sant Sadurni on Friday evening so it looks like it might just be wet our whole time in Barcelona. We're Scots, we'll survive :) Pandachris2 I've been waiting for that to open, thanks for the reminder!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,934 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rainy Days

... nay!... as PC and slatkin_10 mention, it's unlikely you're going to have a fully fledged "miserable day". Even if it rains, it's likely to be a short downpour and the rest of the day, while perhaps not sunny, might be good enough to go up and down... that'd be a typical autumn day in these shores. Yet again, we do also have really 'miserable days' from time to time where it's raining constantly for the major part of the day. Let's hope it's not one of those!

County Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
769 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rainy Days

Hi space4travel. Did you enjoy Cavatast last year? We're in Barcelona when it's on this year and wondering if I should visit for the festival or should I go to the winery on the Thurs before it starts. Thanks for your thoughts!

Edited: 29 March 2014, 07:42
7. Re: Rainy Days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2015, 05:15