We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Hotel...Royal Ramblas or Olivia Plaza??

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
260 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Which Hotel...Royal Ramblas or Olivia Plaza??

Hi,

We will be in Barcelona for 5 nights prior to a cruise. I have narrowed my accommodation choices down to the Olivia Plaza on Plaza Catalunya and Royal Ramblas on Les Ramblas.

The Olivia is closer to the transport/bus hub however Royal Ramblas is actually on Les Ramblas. Are they or equal merits or is one closer to restaurants/activites? I appreciate any advice or suggestions.

Thanks.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,903 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Hotel...Royal Ramblas or Olivia Plaza??

Both are close to most everything... they're a stone throw away one from the other.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Hotel...Royal Ramblas or Olivia Plaza??

Hi,

Both have equally good locations, but I've heard great things about Royal Ramblas so that's the one I'd go for! Enjoy your cruise and stay in Barcelona!

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Hotel...Royal Ramblas or Olivia Plaza??

We stayed at the end of last September, for five days at the hotel Royal Ramblas in Barcelona. Our bedroom was a bit small, but well-furnished and set. The double bed was comfortable with real pillows.

The well-equipped bathroom was surprisingly large considering the actual room’s size. The hotel was clean with a pleasant atmosphere. The staff were friendly and helpful. The food at the restaurant at the hotel was good but prices were on the high side.

The hotel location on the La Rambla road was very practical with many amenities, shops , restaurants not far away.

Overall it was a comfortable smooth stay, and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this hotel to others.

4. Re: Which Hotel...Royal Ramblas or Olivia Plaza??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2014, 05:16