We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time...A month in Spain

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
First time...A month in Spain

Any advice on what to do, must see's and adventures that will give an experience in the big cities, the little cities, and off the beaten track.

I am a very mature 28 year old solo female traveller spending a month in Spain in September 2014, flying in and out of Barcelona. Keen and open travel in every corner, however I like to take in the surroundings and enjoy the culture so less is sometimes best.

Love adventures, the beach, food, enjoy a fun mountain wonder, water sports and some vino will be enjoyed in moderation. I love architecture and buildings and arty markets.

Considering getting a train ticket to travel between locations. Really want to make it down to near Seville and see the South.

Suggestions for others dream itineraries more than welcome.

los altos...
Level Contributor
458 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: First time...A month in Spain

I would suggest taking a day or 2 from both Cadiz and Barcelona to go to the Basque Country (San Sebastian and Bilbao). It is beautiful country and a different culture.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,264 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: First time...A month in Spain

Indeed it is... but I'm afraid you can't go there in 'a day or two', if you plan to go either from Cadiz or from Barcelona to Euskadi (Basque Country), plan for at least 4-5 days as bare minimum, otherwise don't bother, you won't be able to see anything -and it'd be a shame because it's indeed a very beautiful land with very charm people.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: First time...A month in Spain

sebinah - I considered Basque Country, just like I considered going to Valencia and the Balearic Islands however I think they will have to wait until another trip.

24. Re: First time...A month in Spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 07:16