We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cedaques

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
42 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Cedaques

We recently drove to Cedaques.the drive was not a problem as reported on other comments.

The road is wide with guard rails and the views are spectacular. Cedaques is a very laid back Greek Style village. When we drove into the village there was a sign pointing us to a car park which said obligatory. We paid 15 euros for around 4 hours. Ignore the sign. There is a free car park on the northern point behind the beach. It looks as though it's walkway but the locals obviously know better and drive along the promenade and park at the end. No parking after 8.00pm.

We had a terrific lunch on one of the cafe's overlooking the beach. Don't hesitate this is a great place with the bonus of the Dali house nearby at Port Liguit

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,094 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cedaques

Hola SydneyBirdie,

Driving to Cadaques is not too bad. It's the road to Port Lligat that can be hair-raising, especially if one is a novice at handling a car with manual transmission.

Sydney
Level Contributor
42 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cedaques

Sorry to disagree Gigis _mum. I thought the drive was easy. I was in a manual car and driving on the opposite side of the road to what I'm accustomed to. i felt perfectly safe at all times

If you think that was bad, never never ever ever drive to Beget. All blind hairpin bends, with room for one car only and no safety rails. Fortunately I only saw one other car on the road.

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cedaques

Hola -sydneybirdie:

I agree about going to Beget. Did you go through Camprodón or through Oix?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,309 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cedaques

To get inside the Dalí house you have to pre-book as they only allow a few people in at one time

salvador-dali.org/museus/…en_index.html

"Greek-style village" because houses are painted white? That's not just in Greece (and Cadaqués)!

The road on to Cap de Creus is more nerve-wracking than the one to Cadaqués

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,913 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cedaques

I hope the roads to Gratallops and Bot is easier...

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cedaques

Hola John,

Yes the roads to Gratallops and Bot are much easier. I went two years ago for a week to El Priorat and loved to drive around those narrow roads with not much traffic.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,913 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cedaques

Phew, mind its only a hire car i'll be destroying.

8. Re: Cedaques

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2014, 04:18