We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Metro cost effective!

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
190 reviews
Save Topic
Metro cost effective!

Two of us will be in Barcelona for 48 hours. We will ride the metro about 5-7 times. What kind of pass will be the best deal?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
23,958 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Metro cost effective!

Buy a T10 ticket for Zone 1. It's under 10€ for 10 rides (some transfers are free) and the ticket can be shared. Get a new one when the first one is used up.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,264 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Metro cost effective!

...and you can use it in (almost) all means of transportation: bus, metro, tram and share it with your companion, you don't need to buy a card for each one since T-10 is multiperson, that is, you insert into the machine as many times as passengers using it (twice in your case). Hence, a T10 card used by two people offers 5 journeys each.

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Metro cost effective!

Excellent, thanks.

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Metro cost effective!

One more question. We plan on much walking. Are the streets clearly marked so we can use a map?

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Metro cost effective!

Depending on the map to be fair. Parts of the Raval, Gothic Quarter and La Ribera (Sant Pere/Born) have narrow streets so not on all maps.

6. Re: Metro cost effective!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 October 2013, 23:35
Barcelona
Level Contributor
617 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Metro cost effective!

The streets are clearly marked (don't worry about that). The only problem, as john_hall says, is finding a good map of the old city. If you use the Lonely Planet one, you will be fine. If not, try to find one where all the streets are labelled, even if it only includes this part of the city. You can use 2 different maps depending on what part of the city you are. The one from the tourist office has improved a bit but it is still useless to navigate the old city (it is fine for the Eixample though).

Wellington, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Metro cost effective!

Eric, I have a question about the T10 ticket. I was inserting it on the right and entering straight ahead. I was corrected by a kind young girl who said I had to enter in the next turnstile over. Insert on the left - enter on the right. My question is---------why was the turnstile opening when I was doing it wrong?

Wellington, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Metro cost effective!

Enric! Sorry.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
6,318 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Metro cost effective!

for a good map of raval and gotic you can try on some shops around carrer bonsucces, elisabets, pintor fortuny, doctor dou or els angels.

raval7 bussines association members printed 5000 of them and perhaps they have some yet (dont know if they have a web with member names).

around Xmass time they will get them again i guess.