We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catholic English Mass on sunday near La Rambla

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Catholic English Mass on sunday near La Rambla

Anyl Catholic churches near La Rambla with an English Mass on Sunday? We are boarding a cruise that day. We want to leave our luggage at the hotel which is at the La Rambla and return to pick up luggage and get a taxi to port. We would also consider a vigil Mass on saturday if there is such a thing here. I have tried to look at maps and get nowhere. Any current info on this would be great. just looking for a direct answer on this, am frustrated with researching this. Thank you!

France, Andorra, and Spain from...
1,044 reviews
from US$146.60*
Priority Access: Barcelona Sagrada...
2,944 reviews
from US$44.30*
Barcelona City Tour, Sagrada Familia...
1,650 reviews
from US$112.40*
Special Offer
Montserrat and Oller del Mas Tour...
439 reviews
from US$112.73*
US$118.66
Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
16,023 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catholic English Mass on sunday near La Rambla

Hi,

apparently there is a Mass in English on Sundays at 20.00 at Santa Anna´s church. Rivadeneyra,3. which is right in the centre of the city not far from the top of the Rambla.

There is also another Mass in English at 10.30 am but it's not near the Rambla - http://www.catholicmassbarcelona.com/

Tarragona, Spain
Level Contributor
385 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Catholic English Mass on sunday near La Rambla

Are you sure about the first part of this advice?

Whilst the second ( geographically more distant) part is easy to confirm on-line, I could not find any trace of the first at your stated address.

Indeed the use of Google Maps seems to me to suggest that the parish of Santa Anna is located close to the location you quote but in a different street. Called Santa Anna Street.

In addition the link below makes no mention of an evening Mass at 20:00 on Sunday but suggests a vigil Mass at this time i.e. Saturday evening but with no reference whatsoever to this Mass being in English.

http://www.parroquiasantaanna.org/

Are you sure of your information?

Tarragona, Spain
Level Contributor
385 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Catholic English Mass on sunday near La Rambla

Further study does suggest that the location address you quoted is in fact right as that is what the internal link within the web address I appended shows, although the postal address used is "close by."

Apologies.

However my questions re Mass at 20:00 on a Sunday and in English stand.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,023 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catholic English Mass on sunday near La Rambla

I knew I had answered a similar question in the past. At that time I was only aware of the Mass in the link in my post above. Whilst searching the forum for my earlier post I came across a couple of references to this evening Mass. That is why I said 'apparently' but I also checked this info on Google and found it also appears on Barcelona Anglo Info

…angloinfo.com/business-directory/listing/74…

But as it is in the evening it is no use to the OP who will have sailed

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Catholic English Mass on sunday near La Rambla

hi everyone, I am totally confused by the answers given. Is 20.00 another way of saying 2000 hours or 8pm? And is there a Mass on Sunday morning at a Catholic church near the Rambla? I am used to being able to look at what we in the states call a "bulletin" a weekly guide to what is going on in the parish. I just need a simple answer. thanks all! I appreciate your responses...I just cant figure out what the answer is so far!

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,023 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Catholic English Mass on sunday near La Rambla

It seems there are only two masses in English in Barcelona.

One is close to the Rambla but is in the evening at 8pm (20.00)

The other is in the morning but is quite a long way from the Rambla.

Of course you would be able to find a mass in Spanish or Catalan close by

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,352 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Catholic English Mass on sunday near La Rambla

@Cheryl O, yes, in many countries in Europe we also use the 24h clock, so 20:00 is indeed 8pm

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,023 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Catholic English Mass on sunday near La Rambla

If you want to pursue the Spanish / Catalan option, you could choose the Catholic churches nearest to your hotel, marked with crosses on this map, and click on the cross for more info

w20.bcn.cat:1100/Guiamap/…81593.002

Tarragona, Spain
Level Contributor
385 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Catholic English Mass on sunday near La Rambla

To clarify the situation regarding Santa Anna church, I phoned the number on the website this morning.

I believe it was the parish priest who answered the phone.

He told me that he has been in post for 2 years and that in that time there has never been an English language Mass in the church.

Consequently only the more distant church mentioned in the first reply is currently offering Sunday Mass in English.

Unless someone has further information, that is.

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Catholic English Mass on sunday near La Rambla

Hello dear man, thank you for responding! What is the name of the church? And can we walk there? WE are in good shape and walkers, there are 4 of us adults.