We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona-Figueres-Girona

Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
26 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelona-Figueres-Girona

Any recommendation for a car/driver or bus tour from/to our Barcelona hotel and Figueres and Girona for one day?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,745 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona-Figueres-Girona

... in any case Barcelona-Girona-Figueres, as Figueres is beyond Girona.

Have you considered doing it on your own (no tour)? It's quite straight forward and self-planning is indeed part of the 'adventure'. To travel to Girona i.e. by train, you can take a bullet train from Sants Estació in Barcelona to Girona, it only takes 40' (www.renfe.es) and then when you've finished visiting Girona you can take another train, regular one, to Figueres which takes also 40'. If your reason to visit Figueres has anything to do, as I suspect, with Gaudí, check this website as some of the attractions are not in Figueres itself: www.salvador-dali.org/museus/en_index.html

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,256 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona-Figueres-Girona

Spanish Trails is a licensed tour operator who has great reviews on TA. I once considered hiring a private driver through OkaiBarcelona. In the end, I decided to stay for a few days up there so I took the train and rented a car to get from Figueres to Cadaques to Port Lligat.

If you don't use a tour operator, make sure to book an appointment for the Dali House Museum if you want to see this beautiful house by the sea. No walk-ins allowed.

Wayne, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelona-Figueres-Girona

You could certainly do it on your own. But if you wanted a tour Spanish Trails is run by American expats and I can recommend them having used them a few years back. Hola Gigi's Mum.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,256 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelona-Figueres-Girona

Hola pontevecchio! {^_^}

5. Re: Barcelona-Figueres-Girona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2013, 13:49
Barcelona...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelona-Figueres-Girona

you also could try this website

www.blablacar.com

you find people that want to travel to them same places as you that have a car and they can drive if you give them gas money

7. Re: Barcelona-Figueres-Girona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2014, 05:22