We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rodalies and Metro Tickets Question

Southampton
Level Contributor
3,354 posts
187 reviews
Save Topic
Rodalies and Metro Tickets Question

Hi,

Me and my wife are looking to visit next year and we are going to use the trains and metro for travel. We note that we can buy a bonotren ticket for the Rodalies and a T-10 for the metro, both valid for 10 journeys. Would i be correct in assuming that for me and my wife to go from Calella to Barcelona on the Rodalies would count as 2 journeys and that for both of us to go on a return journey from Calella to Barcelona would count as 4 journeys?

Ta muchly!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,063 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rodalies and Metro Tickets Question

Yes: 2 each way.

mapametrobarcelona.net/mapas-metro/mapa-zona…

Note that Calella is in zone 4H, so to go to Barcelona you need a pass for 4 zones (http://www.tmb.cat/en/mapa-de-zones). If you plan to go to Barcelona only once you'll be spending a total of 4 journeys of a "travelcard for 4 zones" which is rather expensive, so I'd suggest you compare how much would it be two single tickets instead, I suspect in all you're going to be better off -but check it at the station please.

Southampton
Level Contributor
3,354 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rodalies and Metro Tickets Question

Hello,

An extension to my question! We will probably buy a T-10 for 4 zones and use this. On the Gencat website the information highlights that we would be able to use four different modes of transport for 2 hours. Does this mean that we could go on whatever mode of transport for 2 hours from the first journey and it all count as one trip? (Sorry for what may seem a daft question but it is worth knowing what counts for what!)

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
7,041 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rodalies and Metro Tickets Question

yes, you understood it right, you are allowed to use different transport systems in that gap. you must insert your ticket in the turnstyle everytime but it will count as just one ticket.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,063 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rodalies and Metro Tickets Question

Again, a T-10 for 4 zones will cost you 34€ (tmb.cat/en/…T10), which means each journey will cost you 3.40€. If you use that card for journeys WITHIN the city of Barcelona, say taking the metro or a city bus, you're going to pay far more than if you used a T-10 for 1 zone, which only cost 9.80€ (0.98€ per journey). In summary, for transportation within Barcelona DO buy a T-10 for 1 zone when you arrive to the station in Barcelona.

This is a map of the zones in the metropolitan area: mapametrobarcelona.net/mapas-metro/mapa-zona… note that all the city of Barcelona is within the same zone.

Southampton
Level Contributor
3,354 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rodalies and Metro Tickets Question

Thank you both for the info.

Enric: we're planning on using the Rodalies trains for a few days so it will likely be a case of mix and match but your advice on buying a T-10 for 1 zone whilst in Barcelona may well be the better option on that day, so thanks for the advice!

6. Re: Rodalies and Metro Tickets Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2014, 05:17