We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glories Hotel - Barcelona in February

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Glories Hotel - Barcelona in February

My wife and I are thinking of taking a city break in February. One of the cities on our bucket list is Barcelona and there is a very good value deal available for the Glories Hotel in Barcelona.

I've read some of the reviews and it sounds fairly basic, but relatively good value for money. It's unclear whether the location is relatively convenient to the city centre and I would welcome any advice on the following:

1. How good or bad is the location as a base for exploring Barcelona?

2. Is the accommodation reasonably OK or is it a bit grotty? We don't need 5 star accommodation, but would prefer to stay somewhere that we're not dreading going back to after a day exploring Barcelona.

3. Is 2 nights enough or should we book for 3 nights?

4. Is there somewhere different we should be considering that is good value?

5. Is February the wrong time of the year to be visiting Barcelona?

Thanks

Paul

Edited: 17 November 2013, 19:46
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,925 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Glories Hotel - Barcelona in February

1. Not in the 'city centre' but very easily reachable from there by public transportation within 15'

3. I'd suggest 3 or 4 nights as there are plenty of things to visit in the city

5. Barcelona is a all-year-round tourist destination, so there are no 'wrong' months to visit as everything tourist is open for business. However, notice that February is probably the coldest month of the year, say 5-8º so no beach I'm afraid :)))

PS. Not answering 2 and 4 because I live in the city and I don't get into recommending hotels, not my cup of tea, sorry!

Edited: 17 November 2013, 21:00
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glories Hotel - Barcelona in February

Thanks Enric

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glories Hotel - Barcelona in February

I like the Hotel Atlantis on carrer Pelai. Have stayed there a few times and it's slap bang in the centre of town within easy walking distance to Placa Catalunya and Las Ramblas and many other sights. I love the location and it also includes breakfast in the room rate and is very clean. The rate is generally better on booking.com than on the hotel's own website. I'd recommend an absolute minimum 3 day stay, longer if you can. 2 days would be too rushed to enjoy Barcelona fully. I've not been in February yet but have visited in April (mixed weather, rain, sun, up to 17 degrees) and late December (was very lucky, had sunshine for 3 days, also 17 degrees during the day!). You just can't predict the weather at all these days.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
2,027 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glories Hotel - Barcelona in February

Thanks Nicoleta

I think I might wait until a bit later in the year. Sounds as if late April or early May might be a better time to visit.

5. Re: Glories Hotel - Barcelona in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2014, 06:20