We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Primavera Sound Festival - Hostel Recommendation

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Primavera Sound Festival - Hostel Recommendation

Hi,

I am attending the Primavera Sound festival in May 2014 and I'm looking to book my accomodation in the next couple of weeks.

One consideration is staying in a hostel either in the city centre or closer to the festival site. Just wondering has anyone any personal experiance from 'hostelling' it for Primavera. Was it a good/bad option and is there any hostels that you'd recommend.

I have beem to Barcelona twice and know my way around, replies with personal experience of Primavera would be great!

Thanks.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,208 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Primavera Sound Festival - Hostel Recommendation

Hi lc180,

I can't help on specific establishments as I live in the city and I am not familiar, however to mention that since you've been in Barcelona before you know the transportation network is quite good, so I wouldn't really worry where the hotel/hostel/hostal is located. Besides, reaching Park del Fòrum -where Primavera Sound is hosted- is very easy as it's at the end of Diagonal avenue, the biggest avenue in the city.

Also to mention is worthwhile to look out for a hostal (not hostel, that's something different!). A hostal is a kind of low-end hotel so to speak (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hostal). Have a look here at TA.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Primavera Sound Festival - Hostel Recommendation

Thanks for the reply, I'd never heard of a hostal before so that's good to know!

When I stayed in Barcelona previously I stay at the Kabul Backpackers Hostel just off Las Ramblas, I would gladly stay there again, I've heard the festival finishes in the middle of the night when public transport might not be running and walking back to Las Ramblas is probably not be the best/safest idea.

What do you think?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,827 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Primavera Sound Festival - Hostel Recommendation

Sadly I can't recommend any hostels or hostales either as I like the comfort of a nice hotel but I found this useful link yesterday

…about.com/od/primaverasound/tp/Primavera-So…

The festival does go on until the early hours of the morning, you could easily be there till 3/4am. Depends on who you want to see really. Full line-up and stage times will be available a week or so before the festival.

It's a good idea to book flights and accommodation as soon as possible as prices will just go up an up and up the closer you get to the festival. I booked in early Feb this year and still managed to get reasonable flights and a good hotel rate near the Glories metro station, about 25 mins walk from the festival site or 10 mins by bus or tram.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,208 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Primavera Sound Festival - Hostel Recommendation

I personally don't like to wander the area too late at night, it's true that the area is full of people all the time, but from a certain 'moment' in the night so to speak there's also plenty of 'characters' I don't trust/like among the rest of the people (I have to be diplomatic on a public forum, but I'm sure you catch my drift). But there are other colleagues here at TA that disagree with this and they feel safe enough to be in the area quite late.

Not to say that if I needed to I would walk back to my hotel in Las Ramblas very late and probably wouldn't have any incident but again, this is a matter of personal perception and easiness/uneasiness...

In any case, although I've not been in the Primavera Sound myself, I'd imagine there's got to be public transportation when the last performance is over... I know it's held in the Fòrum area and that's at one edge of the city, about 4 or 5 km from the centre. I can't imagine the City Hall and the organisers have not arranged something... I don't quite see thousands of people walking back to the centre, although I might be wrong. Do wait a bit and perhaps someone here at TA that has actually been in past editions can reply to this.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,827 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Primavera Sound Festival - Hostel Recommendation

Hola Enric, no I kind of agree with you on the walking in that area late at night bit! I did walk back along Diagonal to my hotel one night but took the bus on the following nights because I did see some dodgy characters hanging around and felt uneasy. Further up that road gets a bit deserted and as a single female traveller you've got to be a bit careful. Better if you're in a group. There are regular buses but sometimes you have to wait a little while for one to come along.

Edited: 05 December 2013, 21:35
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Primavera Sound Festival - Hostel Recommendation

Thanks for the link and the other info! Much appreciated.

Anyone else with any suggestions?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,827 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Primavera Sound Festival - Hostel Recommendation

Hi lc180, there's not an awful lot of music festival fans on this forum unfortunately, so I'd recommend to have a look on Primavera's own website. There's a forum where you might find useful info. Also check out their Facebook page and post your question there. It may get you a quicker answer. ;-)

8. Re: Primavera Sound Festival - Hostel Recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2014, 06:17