We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona Christmas Dinner with a Vegetarian

Cardiff, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Barcelona Christmas Dinner with a Vegetarian

Hi folks,

My fella and I are going to be in Barcelona for Christmas. We are staying in a hostel where self catering is available, but I believe both of us will be arriving late in the day when most/all markets and stores will be closed. I have read forums and other advice boards that say there are plenty of places which will be open to eat on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. The problem is that I don't eat meat or fish and none of the restaurants seem to be veggie friendly. If someone can point me in the direction of a veggie friendly restaurant it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Jess

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,256 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona Christmas Dinner with a Vegetarian

Hola Jessica,

You can use www.bcnrestaurantes.com to find a restaurant that suits your budget, style and date. To check that it's open for Xmas eve dinner or Xmas day meals, go to the website's online booking calendar.

As an example, have a look at Restaurante Rasoterra. The booking calendar shows that it's taking reservations for Dec 24 up to 15:30 (ie no dinner offered or else it's already fully booked) and for Dec 25 (both lunch and dinner).

www.bcnrestaurantes.com/eng/barcelona.asp…

On the left side of the website, there are search filters. You can search by price, style, type of food and if the restaurant is open on specific days (like Sunday, Xmas, New Year etc).

Hope this helps.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
207 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona Christmas Dinner with a Vegetarian

Restaurante Sesamo is a lovely vegetarian restaurant. You'd have to check with them to see when they are open.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,256 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelona Christmas Dinner with a Vegetarian

I thought of Sesamo too but it is either not open or not taking reservations on the website above. Best to call directly and double check.

www.bcnrestaurantes.com/eng/barcelona.asp…

Cardiff, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelona Christmas Dinner with a Vegetarian

Thanks a bunch for the tips Gigis_mum and Michelle241! Will other (traditional) restaurants serve vegetarian options? If a completely veggie place is the only option, my guy will understand, but I would like him to be able to enjoy his meal fully too.

Would you suggest making a reservation in advance for Christmas day or will we get a table if we just rock up?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,256 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelona Christmas Dinner with a Vegetarian

Jessica,

Thanks for saying thanks. The regular restaurants I've been to have all had vegetarian options. On Christmas Day, many places will be closed. I would make a reservation.

6. Re: Barcelona Christmas Dinner with a Vegetarian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2014, 06:17