We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El 4 Gats

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
4,445 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
El 4 Gats

Apparently tis place is a bit of a Barcelona institution.

Is it a bt of a tourist Trap?

Anyone been?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,615 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: El 4 Gats

Might be.. it rings a bell, but I'm not sure. What I am sure is that it continues to be a restaurant at that location although, as you say, it may no longer be related to the cookery school. Thanks Doffcocker.

England
Level Contributor
4,445 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: El 4 Gats

What about Bar Celta down by the harbour?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,615 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: El 4 Gats

That one has very mixed reviews -among my friends that is- as some like it although as a very low-key no-frills tapas bar while others think it's nothing more than a run-down wannabe with greasy tapas. Boy, anything related to food is always something very personal.... and very controversial :)))

England
Level Contributor
4,445 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: El 4 Gats

The TA reviews are generally good apart from the latest one

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: El 4 Gats

I have been to Bar Celta a few times as a friend of mine absolutely *loves* it. For me, it's OK, I would not go out of my way to eat there, but if I'm in the area, why not (as you can see most of the food on display at the counter, you can avoid the greasiest options ;-))

As Eric said, food is always a controversial topic.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,345 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: El 4 Gats

I like Bar Celta for the pulpo, the pescaditos and the house white wine. It's not the prettiest place, but they do have a second location in La Ribera that looks a bit nicer. I've never been inside that one.

England
Level Contributor
4,445 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: El 4 Gats

Thanks peeps

As they say in France "One man's fish is another mans piosson"

18. Re: El 4 Gats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2014, 06:17