We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking excursions

Liverpool, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Hiking excursions

Does anybody know any good day hikes from Barcelona Centre. i am happy to drive out for about 1-2 hours.

Glasgow, United...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiking excursions

Hi There, There are a few companies that do this. my advice would be to use one of them, as they will show you the best sites and views.

here are a couple

http://spanish-trails.com

http://daytours-barcelona.com

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiking excursions

If you drive, you do not need a tour company. Even if you do not drive, you can reach easily some of the best hiking areas by public transport.

One of my favorites is Vall de Nuria

valldenuria.com/website_valldenuria/eng/send…

Montserrat is very touristy around the monastery, but up the mountains is usually surprisingly quiet. The scenery and views are difficult to beat:

montserrat-tourist-guide.com/en/activities/w…

The Montseny area has some of the most beautiful forests around here, especially if you're going in Autumm:

…wikiloc.com/trails/…montseny

Or, the natural park of Garraf:

…wikiloc.com/trails/…garraf

And the coastal paths in the Costa Brava:

…costabrava.org/categories/subcategory.aspx…

And these are just a few ;-)))

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,925 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiking excursions

Also, this is one of the best parks to trail, but it's certainly not something you can do in a one-day excursion from Barcelona because it's in the far west corner of Catalonia, in la Vall d'Aran (…wikipedia.org/wiki/Parque_nacional_de_Aig%C…) anyway if interested: …gencat.cat/portal/…

Prague, Czech...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiking excursions

I am also looking for hikes near Barcelona. I need to take public transport to get there. I'm looking for multiple day hikes, but I don't have gear (tent, sleeping bag). Are there villages or some sort of lodges along the way of any of these hikes to spend nights? Also I'd like to end off somewhere from which I can reach an airport .

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,925 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hiking excursions

Certainly, most of Catalonia (if not all) is scattered with little towns and villages every few kilometres so there's no need to sleep in a tent if you don't want (or have one). For this reason, you might not find many 'lodges' in the sort of mountain cabins as such but plenty of B&Bs, hotels and hostals (not hostels!, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hostal ) in the villages and towns. What a lot of people do is basing themselves in a town/village, the one closest to the desired hiking destination, and hike from there.

You mention 'near' Barcelona, what's near for you?. The post above (re: Pyrenees) refers to a location 200-300km away. But nearer than that you have plenty of places, for example El Montseny to the north west of Barcelona, Els Ports to the south... and a bit further down the Ebre River Wetlands which are a pleasure to hike in.

Have an initial look to choose which area catches your attention. These are brochures published by the Catalan Tourism Board:

act.cat/wp-content/…Catalunyaessenderisme.pdf

act.cat/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Catalonia…

act.cat/wp-content/…Cataleg_actiu_2013_EN.pdf

act.cat/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Mapa-Guia…

6. Re: Hiking excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2015, 06:17