We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Gaudi building I should choose?

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gorizia, Italy
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Which Gaudi building I should choose?

Hi, I'll be in Barcelona for a weekend in January: I will travel on a quite tight budget so I'm wondering which Gaudi building should I visit (I mean purchasing a ticket to visit the interiors). I will surely visit Parc Guell, but I want to choose another Gaudi masterpiece, but just one, since the tickets are so expensive. Which do you think is the best and really worth? Probably it's a quite difficult question, so thank you very much!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,826 posts
3,571 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Gaudi building I should choose?

Peter:

My choice would be La Pedrera. They have an apartment which shows furnishings of the time of Gaudi. At the roof they have chimneys of many different designs and the sights are very good from there, a place to take photos.

Chicago, IL USA
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Gaudi building I should choose?

I agree with La Pedrera - also may be referred to as Casa Mila much better deal.

Gorizia, Italy
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Gaudi building I should choose?

Thanks! And what about the Sagrada Familia and Casa Batllo?

(oops, the profile changed, but I'm still Peter G)

Edited: 24 December 2013, 20:02
Chicago, IL USA
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Gaudi building I should choose?

I definitely think that Sagrada Familia is worth the visit with ticket to one of towers but I found that Casa Mila has more museum like quality to it - I would go to both. Also after 11 PM (I think) and before 1 AM, they setup the lights outside Sagrada Familia to illuminate the building - the exterior is quite a site very different from daytime.

Most people who have gone would say Sagrada Familia and La Pedrera (Casa Mila) are must visits. Someone thought Batlo was ripoff for price - we didn't have time to visit that one.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,545 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Gaudi building I should choose?

Hola Peter G!

If things haven't changed, the barriers at the monumental part of Park Güell -which are not permanent, they're put up and taken away every day- cease to operate at 6ish in the afternoon, after that and until the park closes which should be around 7:30 or 8 (not sure) you can visit it for free. Of course that it's not the same as 6 is already dark but still, if you're in a tight budget you can compromise :)

Palau Güell (http://palauguell.cat/) is free on the first Sunday of each month.

Sagrada Família I'm afraid you can avoid having to pay full fare :( ... you know, the Church never make discounts, lol!

La Pedrera, if you're a student you have a reduction (10% I think). Casa Batlló, same than Pedrera, a discount for students (20%). In any case you need to present a student card.

But in order to choose which buildings to visit, I'd have a look at them before I go, then pick:

http://www.infocatalonia.eu/w/?s=gaudi

These are other less well known buildings conceived by Gaudí: barcelonaturisme.com/Gaudi-Route/_3Ngb8YjSpL…

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,342 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Gaudi building I should choose?

Paying to go into Sagrada familia you are paying towards the construction of the building and I would also have it as first choice.

Palau Guell is less expensive than Casas Mila and Batllo and well worth it

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,215 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Gaudi building I should choose?

Not quite sure why you would compare any of those with, La Sagrada Familia.

8. Re: Which Gaudi building I should choose?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2014, 06:18