We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet 4* Surprise Hotel

Newcastle
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Easyjet 4* Surprise Hotel

Hi

I am just wondering if anyone has ever booked a *Surprise Hotel* Deal through EasyJet Holidays?

I am looking at going to Barcelona for 4 nights in May for my husbands 30th Birthday and am a little anxious about the gambles it is to be a special trip away! Easyjet state it will be a 4 star hotel but obvious that doesn't mean they are any good!

I would be very grateful for any advice/feedback

Thanks in advance

Alison

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
3,600 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easyjet 4* Surprise Hotel

Do you get any clues as to which hotel it might be?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,736 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Easyjet 4* Surprise Hotel

... aside from the fact it could be a hotel that's not even in Barcelona -i.e. other companies 'extend' the word Barcelona to neighbouring towns- or be in one edge of the city.

My advice is that you choose a hotel yourself and so you'll be sure you're in the side of town you need to be. Also keep in mind you're going to be at the hotel only to crash at night, so if budget is tight you could go for a decent 3* which will be cheaper and still come on top so to speak! :)

Newcastle
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easyjet 4* Surprise Hotel

No it just says a 4* in the city. I'm not very good at taking risks so am a bit unsure!

Newcastle
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easyjet 4* Surprise Hotel

Thanks for advice. Think you are right, a 3* would be fine as we are there to see the city after all!

Drammen, Norway
Level Contributor
60 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easyjet 4* Surprise Hotel

If you're comfortable with not staying right in the city centre, I can recommend Eurostars Mitre. It's a literal two-minute walk from the nearest metro stop (El Putxet, L7), and the metro takes around 5-7 minutes down to Plaça Catalunya. There's also a supermarket right nearby, and a 5-minute walk to the closest HoHo bus stop (Av. Tibidabo). I stayed there for 6 nights summer 2012, and was pleasantly surprised. I didn't have any view from my hotel room, but that's not important to me anyway. The soap was replaced daily, the breakfast buffet was okay, and the staff was really nice. :)

I found it totally worth a short metro trip to/from the city centre, and if you buy a T10 card it's not expensive either.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easyjet 4* Surprise Hotel

I have just booked the 4* surprise hotel for Barcelona and upon receiving my voucher mine is Husa Illa, I have read the reviews on the hotel and have found I have made a very bad decision. It is not a city centre hotel and has bad reviews to make it worse I found it cheaper to book the hotel knowing the name!!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,736 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Easyjet 4* Surprise Hotel

Ah no, don't worry too much, it's not "badly" situated... it's not in the centre but is well located anyway, by the main boulevard in the city and in a posh area. It's located next to an elegant shopping mall and you have plenty of transportation there.

About having bad reviews I can't tell sorry, I do live in the city and don't really know about hotels. In any case, it can't be "that" bad, as HUSA is a major chain and the hotel, if I'm not mistaken is a 4*. But again, I have no first hand info.

Edited: 19 January 2014, 19:03
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,736 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Easyjet 4* Surprise Hotel

oopsy, you already mention it's a 4* :))

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Easyjet 4* Surprise Hotel

The thing I'm most annoyed about is I could have got it cheaper knowing the name of the hotel! It was meant to be a 40% discount! And the way it was described it as if I wouldn't have to rely on public transport, I was in the city in October with my mother and am taking my boyfriend for his birthday so wanted a good city centre hotel, just to be able to walk to La Rambla etc. But thank you very much for the information! Guess I can rest a little bit if I can't get it sorted :-)

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
9,736 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Easyjet 4* Surprise Hotel

Yep, personally I never go for this "surprise hotels" because, as we say here in Catalonia "no hi duros a quatre pessetes" which roughly translates as "there's no such thing as a free lunch".

Anyway, as I said earlier, the location is not bad at all and taking the metro -which is at a 15' stroll to your left- will take you to the city centre in say 15' too. Alternatively, you have a tramway which will take to Plaça Francesc Macià (plaça=square) from which you can take different buses to the centre. Actually, I am not sure if even in from the hotel itself you can also take one of the same buses to go to the centre.