We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking hotels

Windsor, Ontario
Level Contributor
97 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Booking hotels

Has anyone booked hotels using booking.com or similar websites? Are they safe to use? Any problems or cons to them? I usually book through hotel website or call them. I would like to save money with the Euro being so high now. Thanks.

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking hotels

Hola,

I have used booking.com in numerous ocassions and never had a problem with them. I often compare the prices with official web site of the same hotel, because (as I usually travel solo) sometimes there may be some special offer directly from the hotel)

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking hotels

Hola,

My experience is exactly the same as Jose Antonio.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking hotels

I've also been using booking.com for a few years. Am very happy with them and now get substantial discounts because I use them so often. :-) It does no harm checking the hotel's own website though, just to compare.

Tbilisi, Georgia
Level Contributor
84 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking hotels

hello all

is this safe (meaning of risk to appear hotel already booked?) to book hotel from hotels official website?

because sometimes official website has much more best prices then booking.com

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,256 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking hotels

It is safe to book from the hotel's official website. Actually many hotels still use some outside booking service, just not Booking.com (they charge a big commission from the hotels).

The hotel websites often have special deals, like advance booking and prepaid booking. Sometimes you can only book their best rooms on their own website (they give the cheaper rooms to Booking.com, Venere.com, Hotels.com etc).

It's a good idea to look on several websites to compare prices.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,771 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking hotels

Try trivago,they are a compsrssion site,you can compare severall at once

7. Re: Booking hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 05:15