We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barceloneta beach hotel

Malta
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Barceloneta beach hotel

hi, i am looking for a central hotel on the beach, more of a resort with a pool, are there any on the barceloneta sandy beach please?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,444 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Barceloneta beach hotel

"central" and "Barceloneta" are oxymorons... either the hotel is located in the centre or is in La Barceloneta.

Anyway, moving up and down the city is quite fast, I'd strongly recommend to look for a hotel that's convenient for you in terms of features and prices instead. Surely going to the beach won't take that long if the hotel is central.

Malta
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barceloneta beach hotel

thanks for your reply, by 'central' i mean a hotel on the beach front close to bars, cafes and shops. i would like to have the summery type of holiday

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,444 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Barceloneta beach hotel

Ok, then don't say 'central', say 'at the beach front'... it's not the same, LOL! :))

Except for a few hotels, such as Hotel W and a handful more, it's unlikely you're going to find a hotel with pool at the beachfront. Have a look for example at booking.com

Also to point out three things:

1.) The beach extends much farther than La Barceloneta, for example, there are also hotels, cafes, bars and restaurants around the area of the Port Olímpic, some 3 km away. See this map to get your bearings: …wordpress.com/2012/03/barris_bcn.jpg

2.) Barcelona grew up through out the centuries absorbing existing neighbourhood villages and hamlets therefore, all districts of the city (all those you're likely to visit anyway) will have their own "life" so to speak, which includes bar, restaurants, shops, etc.

3.) For a wider choice in hotels, I would also include in my search the bottom edge of the Barri Gotic, while not 'at the beach front', it's close enough.

One question that I'm curious about... why would a Maltese be so adamant in choosing a location with beach?, you guys have got some of the best beaches in the Mediterranean!

Edited: 22 January 2014, 02:59
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,296 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barceloneta beach hotel

The cheapest Barceloneta beach hotel with a pool is prob the Pullman Barcelona Skipper but it's only cheap in comparison to very expensive neighbours like the W and Hotel Arts.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187497-d614392…

As Enric has mentioned, Port Olympic area is a few metro stops away from the centre of town and has many more affordable choices with pools, such as the AC Hotel Barcelona Forum by Marriott.

Edited: 22 January 2014, 03:08
Mentioned in this post
Pullman Barcelona Skipper
Pullman Barcelona Skipper
2,530 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Malta
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barceloneta beach hotel

Thank you both for the advise..looking into it.

@ Enric, I am planning a girls holiday and we want to relax by the beach. Even though Malta has beaches and is pretty much sunny all year round, we cant get enough of it!! lol We need some pampering so checking out Marriott!!

Mentioned in this post
Malta
Malta
Europe
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,444 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Barceloneta beach hotel

ahh, you naughty girls :))

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barceloneta beach hotel

Hola a tothom!

Just a comment, not willing to contradict Gigis_mum, but the AC Barcelona Forum by Marriott is NOT in Port Olimpic but much further away, in the Diagonal Mar - Forum area. Not a real beach but a man-made bathing area there, and a big shopping mall but not much else nearby. It is well served by public transport links to the city centre, but is not really a ideal location for a "relax on the beach" holiday.

There are a few hotels not right on the beach but nearby in the sea side of Poblenou, Hesperia del Mar and Front Maritim come to mind. The Confortel Poblenou is a short walk to the beach too, and others. Mind I know nothing about these hotels, I've just seen them passing by. But they are closer to much better beaches than Barceloneta (too crowded and dirty IMO) and the artificial "beach" of Diagonal Mar. And all these are close to nice beach bars and a zillion of authentic local bars and cafés. Many options for good shopping and eating in Rambla del Poblenou and nearby streets. The city centre will be easy to reach by metro.

Edited: 23 January 2014, 18:32
Mentioned in this post
Port Olimpic
Port Olimpic
306 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,296 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barceloneta beach hotel

ha ha. Thanks for the clarification, Belsaita. I originally had another hotel 'in mind' but was pressed for time by the TA Edit function. You are right; the AC is further away (after all, it has 'Forum' in its name).

Here's another hotel option that has a pool and is really in the Port Olimpic area, Hotel SB Icaria.

tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g187497-d498018-…

Edited: 23 January 2014, 18:48
Mentioned in this post
Port Olimpic
Port Olimpic
306 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
156 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Barceloneta beach hotel

Just to confirm - Barceloneta is not a beach resort, but a charming old village or town that ended up absorbed by the growth of the greater Barcelona. It is a lovely town with an old harbor and great restaurants..

Port Olimpic has plenty of beaches, but it is all modern. Imho it does not have the street life of Barceloneta, although it has plenty of restaurants and night life too.

Mentioned in this post
Port Olimpic
Port Olimpic
306 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
156 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Barceloneta beach hotel

Tried to edit but ran out of time. The beach at Barceloneta is facing away from the harbor, which is the heart of the town. Some people think there are hygiene issues at that beach.

Port Olimpic is immediately N of that. Then, further N is Poblenou, also quite modern. Both have long beach fronts (well, I am not sure if the beach is officially part of Port Olimpic, but it's right next to it at least). Basically, all these beaches are right by the urbanized areas, you can see all the office buildings from the beach.

So, imho, it is not quite possible to get the charm of Barceloneta with the beach in the same place :-)

Edited: 23 January 2014, 22:16
Mentioned in this post
Port Olimpic
Port Olimpic
306 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain