We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lisbon to Barcelona

Allen, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Lisbon to Barcelona

I want to take my parents to Lisbon and Barcelona.. My idea is to fly into Lisbon and fly home from Barcelona. We would rent a car, for a one way rental. First, is the rental possible? Second, I would appreciate all ideas and comments. Thank you for your help.

Mic

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lisbon to Barcelona

Yes, car rental will be possible, but whether this will be affordable to you with repatriation fees.......

A simple google will find what you need.

If these two cities are all you want surely fly.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
212 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lisbon to Barcelona

11 hours drive. Train might be a more affordable option.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lisbon to Barcelona

As said above, one-way rental will incur on huge repatriation fees.

You can do a mix of driving and some other transport between both countries.

How long do you plan for that trip? There are several possible routes, many different places of interest... You can easly spend a couple of months crossing the Iberian peninsula and just scratch the surface. So, tell us a bit about your interests and we can help you better.

Allen, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lisbon to Barcelona

What do consider huge fees? We have 2 wks. We thought we would explore the coast.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,594 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lisbon to Barcelona

Several hundred euros (from posts it seems it cd be as much 500€).

Driving just in Portugal then dropping the car off, crossing the border and renting in Spain will work out a lot cheaper as there is a minimal supplement if you drop off somewhere different but within the same country.

The Atlantic coasts are more spectacular than the Mediterranean coast of Spain round to Barcelona. In the south, the Costa de la Luz especially the part in Cadiz province is beautiful and there are some interesting towns not far inland too (like Jerez and Ronda). This is Andalucia which is very much the traditional image of Spain (flamenco, bulls etc)

But for really spectacular scenery head north following the Atlantic coast from Galicia all the way through Asturias and Cantabria to the Basque Country. This is "Green Spain" very different from the cliches, some parts even have Celtic traditions

Allen, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lisbon to Barcelona

Thank you.. this is just what I was looking for! Thanx!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
58,365 posts
3,578 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lisbon to Barcelona

micmee:

I would fly from Lisbon to Seville and from there make your way up to Barcelona by train.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

8. Re: Lisbon to Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2015, 05:19