We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vueling, easyjet to paris

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
makati
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
Save Topic
vueling, easyjet to paris

hello

what other good plane aside from vueling and easyjet that flies barcelona to paris? thanx

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
6,654 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vueling, easyjet to paris

skyscanner or trabber can help you.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,342 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vueling, easyjet to paris

Airfrance obviously but if you are flying one-way it is REALLY expensive

makati
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: vueling, easyjet to paris

yup. just flyin one way.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,201 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vueling, easyjet to paris

I would be happy to fly Vueling one way.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,826 posts
3,571 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: vueling, easyjet to paris

I fly Vueling all the time and have never had a problem with them.

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,134 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vueling, easyjet to paris

Well, this is not 'accepted practice' but I have done it on AirFrance.

Look at a round trip ticket, Buy the ticket with the flight to Paris and use that. Ignore the rest of the ticket.

Now, the warning! In theory the airlines can come after you for doing this and charge you for "changing' the ticket. As someone who frequents places like Flyer Talk the ONLY time I have ever heard of this actually happening was when someone did this over and over and over and over again. Do it once and you are probably not going to get busted. I have done it about once a year the past few years without any issues :)

I did AirFrance just because of some ease of "connection" I am doing an "unprotected connection" and trying to make the transfer as easy as possible and I am coming off a Delta flight that lands at the AF gates.

Edited: 05 February 2014, 14:49
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: vueling, easyjet to paris

I agree with Carroll above. I did that a few times (my former company's travel agent was booking flights that way all the time) and no one gets questioned, even it looks it is possible if you do it many many times. It could be a good option if flying with Air France gives you some benefit, as easy transfer, checking luggage all the way with the same alliance, or whatever...

However, if you are only going from Barcelona to Paris, I would use Vueling, is what I did on my last trips. Vueling is a good airline and actually can be better than some 'main names'. If for some reason CDG airport was more convenient, I would fly Easyjet, even I like this company less. But it's a two hours flight, spending more makes little difference.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,201 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: vueling, easyjet to paris

That's interesting, belsaita and CarolLee.

I've also bought r/t tickets and discarded the 2nd one but I do it with extreme caution these days. On TA Air Travel, people are always warning travelers about this. On certain TA forums, you'll get torched if you even mention it, lol. My current rule of thumb is that I'll do it only if I'm not flying on the same carrier for the next few months. Just in case they keep short term records (I doubt it but just in case).

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,342 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: vueling, easyjet to paris

I hadn't suggested doing it but saw it as a possibility. I did it once years ago going to Prague when Czech Airlines were the only ones doing the route (I was getting a train to Germany after)

In your case,a one-way with Easyjet or Vueling will almost certainly be cheaper than the cheapest return bookable with airfarnce.

I prefer Easyjet to Vueling (I know belsaita and I disagree won this!) but between the two I choose who I fly with based on flight-times and price (as I already said on the Berlin forum re Berlin-BCN). It's only Ryanair I won't consider normally.

There can be all sorts of reasons why people don't fly in the end, so I'd have thought it was unlikely to be pursued unless it was very very blatant (done very frequently) Last year I booked flights with Lufthansa, one a return flight BCN-TXL-BCN ; as it was a cheap ticket (under 100€) I couldn't change (bring forward) the return so I booked a one-way with vueling ...so I didn't use my return with Lufthansa for a legitimate reason. Another trip to Berlin there was a change of plan and I booked one-way tickets for me and my husband TXL-BCN at 125€ each, so not so cheap, which in the event we didn't use. Cancelling was pointless as I would have got something like 2€ refund (I phoned to ask) For that route Lufthansa does allow one-way bookings but for many routes they still don't (like Airfrance and Swiss). Airfrance's one-way fares can be over 1000€ for fairly short journeys! Of course if the airlines allowed one-way bookings even if charging a reasonable supplement passengers wouldn't need to resort to these tricks. Some "national" airlines seem to have realised this, some haven't.

Edited: 05 February 2014, 19:38
UK
Level Contributor
2,573 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: vueling, easyjet to paris

. Few airlinwes are making huge profits.Ryan air a loss deservedy.

"Just in case they keep short term records (I doubt it but just in case)."

In view of the cheap fares nowadays [ years ago I paid over £400 to fly to Funchal around £1600 in todays value allowing for depreciation in real terms]. Is it not better to follow the system? holidays have never been cheaper than now ( overlooking varying E R s] hence almost everywhere in Europe is

crowded much of the time. One can see on'es cleaner in Barcelona . Venice Curbs on number of visitors have allready started. How much can one save by this and other ruses. ? 30 cups of Transglobal firms beverages masquerading as coffee ? But alwyas open to erudite lessons. Seems straining at a gnat.

how much difference from packing hotel towel or taking rolls from breakfast table for lunch or all the toiletries.Many fly tricks are reflected in the price eventually Regmaiche.