We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Sitges from the Port of Barcelona?

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to Sitges from the Port of Barcelona?

We are arriving on the Liberty of the Seas in Barcelona in May of this year, and want to go to Sitges for 4 nights. I have been trying to research how to get there the cheapest way (we will have 2 large and 2 small suitcases) and need very explicit directions. I think from what I have seen that we should take the blue bus from the port to the statue, but from there I need to know the best way to get to Sitges. Thank you in advance for any advice you have for this novice traveler! If you can estimate the cost that would be very helpful also!

Southampton
Level Contributor
2,998 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Sitges from the Port of Barcelona?

I'm guessing you mean the statue of Christopher Columbus? If so, your best bet would probably be to get on the metro at the Drassanes station (just over the road from the statue) toward Sants train station and then get the R2 Rodalies train to Sitges. Tis about 40-45 mins on the Rodalies train.

As regards price, you should be able to get a T-Dia or T-10 ticket. You would need to get a card for 3 zones. A T-10 would cost 27 euros and you would be able to use it on the way back as its valid for 10 journeys.

(Experts of the Barcelona transport system may know of better ways!)

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Sitges from the Port of Barcelona?

For clarification, if just for going to Sitges a T-dia makes not sense at all, as you will be using only 1 metro trip per person. Even a T-10 3-zones makes little sense, unless you're 3 people or more traveling together. If you're a couple, single tickets will work cheaper.

However, a T-10 (can be shared for more than 1 person) may work well if you plan to visit Barcelona at some time during your stay.

The 'blue bus' from the port to Columbus statue costs 2€, this is not included in the T-10 or T-dia.

A single metro ticket is 2,15€ and a single train trip to Sitges costs 4,10€.

Do your maths!

In any case, with 2 large suitcases + 2 smaller ones, a taxi from the port to Sants station may be a good investment. It is not a difficult trip, but you will have to navigate some underground corridors and maybe stairs. I definitely would avoid doing it with luggage, and I use the metro all the time! A taxi direct from the port to Sants station costs about 16€. So, if you're 2 people, you will be saving just 8€ or less using the 'blue bus' + metro, but with a lot more hassle.

Bon viatge!

Edited: 07 February 2014, 00:33
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,238 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Sitges from the Port of Barcelona?

Hola rhonda,

Belsaita has given you good advice. I would take a taxi to Sants station and then take the R2 Rodalies commuter train. You can see the train schedule on the link below. Just input "Barcelona - Sants" and "Sitges" as your Departure Point and Destination. Choose a date that coincides with the day of the week that you plan to travel (wkday and wknd schedules might not be identical).

renfe.com/EN/…index.html

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Sitges from the Port of Barcelona?

This wonderful helpful information, I really appreciate the answers from those of you who are "in the know!" I think we will pay the extra 8 euros and take the taxi so that we won't have to lug 2 50 lb. suitcases and 2 smaller ones down (or up) stairs! Thank you so much!

5. Re: How to get to Sitges from the Port of Barcelona?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2015, 05:22