We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stag / Bachelor Party Accommodation in Barcelona

Glasgow, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Stag / Bachelor Party Accommodation in Barcelona

Hey everyone,

I am in the process of organising my stag do for August this year and I am looking for some advice regarding accommodation. Whilst we are likely to probably be pretty tame in comparison to most stag do's that Barcelona see's, there are still no doubt places that would not exactly be delighted at the sight of 20 Scotsmen showing up in their reception.

If anyone could reccommend any hotels or apartments they have used before for this kind of trip and wouldn't be phased by a group of our nature that would be great. Don't want everyone to fly out for us to be turned away at the door!

Ideally somewhere near Las Ramblas or Port Olympic would be great, although we are pretty open to staying anywhere central.

Any advice would be brilliant!

Cheers, Scott

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Las Ramblas
Las Ramblas
31,036 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Hotel Rec Barcelona
Hotel Rec Barcelona
#5 of 519 hotels in Barcelona
The Corner Hotel
The Corner Hotel
#9 of 519 hotels in Barcelona
Hotel Brummell
Hotel Brummell
#10 of 519 hotels in Barcelona
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,466 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Stag / Bachelor Party Accommodation in Barcelona

Yep, you're very right, there will be plenty of places not delighted at all at the sight of 20 Scotsmen on a stag escapade... nothing to do with being Scots, on the contrary we Catalans have a special affection for Scotland, is rather the drunken disorderly behaviour that might or might not occur during that trip, ye ken, no whit ah mean ;))

Anyhow, starting to plan now for this August for 20 people is rather 'corageous' at the very least... Barcelona is really packed in summer. One option if you can't find any hotel fitting you all in is renting separate apartments near to each other. The old town has plenty of them and they're (or can be) pretty close to each other -matter of few meters one from the next. Try booking.com or venere.com

You say you're probably going to be pretty tame in comparison to other stags... well, man, doesn't look promising when you start by mentioning the two typical spots where all the drunken ones want to be: La Rambla and Port Olimpic hahaha! In any case, DO avoid La Rambla for drinks and east side of Port Olimpic for clubbing... honest, these both are tourist traps: outrageously expensive and crappy. For the left(west) side of Port Olimpic, where a few of the 'cool' clubs in town are, note that they're very strict on unruly groups and they have no-nonsense bouncers and heid bummers, take notice!

Don't know your ages Scott, but hostels can be another option. Still the same 'but' above applies: wrong time of the year for a booking for such a large group... you'd probably have had to start much earlier.

Lang may yer lum reek!

Enric

Mentioned in this post
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Barcelona
Barcelona
Port Olimpic
Port Olimpic
310 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Glasgow, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Stag / Bachelor Party Accommodation in Barcelona

Thanks for the response Enric!

Aye, I thought it might be the potential for drunkenness rather than the nationality that would be the sticking point!

You're definitely right about having left it pretty late for sorting out accommodation! We've got a booking (free cancellation) with one of the Petit Palace hotels which looks great, although I've emailed them to let them know the nature of the trip. Better to get it out in the open first rather than get turned away at reception. I've emailed 5 other hotels that still have availability to see what their opinion would be on us too just in case PP come back and ask us to cancel.

The group ranges from 26 - 56, so hostels have been vetoed at an early stage! Apartments would be a good alternative though, otherwise we'll have to spread people out over a couple of hotels to break down the size of the group and take into account availability.

It will be my first time in the city so any tips on better places to start a night out would be much appreciated! However, with a group of our size that is all men I fear the more trendy clubs will also be less keen and we might need to stick to the traps!

Depending on who all signs up as many as 9 of the group will have studied architecture at university, so there will be plenty to keep us busy between Gaudi and Mies! Although anything that you think would be a good idea for during the day would also be welcomed!

Cheers for the advice,

Scott

Mentioned in this post
Petit Palace Barcelona
Petit Palace Barcelona
814 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Hotel Gaudi
Hotel Gaudi
1,540 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stag / Bachelor Party Accommodation in Barcelona

Hi Scott,

I'm searching for accommodation for a large group also and came across this place.

lovingapartments.com/Spain/Barcelona/Groups.

Haven't booked with them but they look reputable.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,466 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Stag / Bachelor Party Accommodation in Barcelona

Right Scott, I have to admit that now that I've read your second post and I notice we're having baccalaurates within the group you don't look like this type to me anymore, LOL!: iamstaggered.com/wp-content/…groom-drunk.jpg

Anyhow, Petit Palace (http://www.hotelpetitpalacebarcelona.com/) is a very conveniently located hotel, very close to the centre so if you can book there it'll be super. If not, and if you can't find any other hotel for a group of 20 -which would be the most convenient solution- the apartments' option could eventually save your day -although it's obviously more work to find close apartments and book them. As I said, the area of the old town (district of Ciutat Vella, in the neighbourhoods of Barri Gòtic and Sant Pere, Santa Caterina i La Ribera) is full of tourist apartments so it might be easier to find say three or four that are close enough. Well, assuming you don't want your friends sleeping like this teetshirts.com/images/…stag-party-drunk.gif hahaha!

Have a look at the mother of all guides for partying and nights out: www.timeout.com/barcelona/music-nightlife also for places to eat and drink: http://www.timeout.com/barcelona/food-drink For the latter this might also be helpful: http://www.bcnrestaurantes.com/eng/ and http://www.thefork.com/city/barcelona/41710

You shouldn't have any problem in any establishment just because you're 20 man... as I said, it's the unruly ones (men or women) the ones that might have problems :)

Since you mentioned architecture, if you feel like doing some sightseeing, this is 'the' city for it: infocatalonia.eu/w/…

For more things to do, either the above TimeOut or these can give you an idea on what to do:

http://www.barcelonaturisme.com/ and w110.bcn.cat/portal/site/Turisme?lang=en_GB

A visit on a hoho bus is certainly something you could do during the day, and it will give you a general overview of the city, then you can zero in other activities that might interest you. Note though that some worthwhile seeing areas, such as for example the Gothic Quarter, el Born or Gràcia, are mostly pedestrianise so you'll have to walk to visit them. There are two hoho companies in the city, http://www.barcelonabusturistic.cat/en/home and http://www.barcelonacitytour.cat/en/ and barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/tour/barcelon… to explain how hoho buses work. I personally like the red route from the first company.

Mentioned in this post
Petit Palace Barcelona
Petit Palace Barcelona
814 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Ciutat Vella
Ciutat Vella
2,892 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Glasgow, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Stag / Bachelor Party Accommodation in Barcelona

Thanks for the tip Jilly, they've got a bunch of accommodation that would suit us!

Haha, hopefully nothing like that Enric! I certainly don't plan on having anything inserted into my belly button whilst we're away anyway!

It seems ideal and is really reasonable cost wise, I've emailed them twice over the last few days but had no response thus far, hopefully will hear something back soon. Thanks for the tips on areas to stay in, although quite a lot of the Barri Gotic and Ciutat Vella flats are already booked up, so Eixample would provide a better chance of getting a bunch together but would be a bit further from the action. If anyone ends up sleeping like that on a toilet I'd be impressed by their balance more than anything else!

Thanks for all the links, that gives me a resource to start doing some research and begin putting together an itinerary for the trip. Really very helpful!

We were planning to get Barcelona cards to cover transport into the city and then on the metro / bus for the three days we are there as well. I think we might try to use the Ho-Ho map route map as a basis and then mix between getting the metro and walking, although that could be very optimistic! Still have to check the walking times on google maps etc, £20 for a Ho-Ho ticket isn't too expensive anyway if it works out to be the best way to get around everything.

Cheers,

Scott

Mentioned in this post
Ciutat Vella
Ciutat Vella
2,892 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
Surbiton
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stag / Bachelor Party Accommodation in Barcelona

A Barcelona Card is for individuals, and includes entry to various museums and other cultural venues. A 3 day pass will cost €44 per person.

touristactive.com/en/…barcelona-card.html

You could each buy a multi-day travel pass, at €20 for three days, again it's for individual use.

http://www.tmb.cat/en/barcelona-travel-card

It might be better to buy the most flexible ticket, a T10. This allows 10 journeys, and one ticket can be used for a number of people. You can also transfer between buses as long as the last boarding is less than 75' after the first one. I should imagine everywhere you want to visit will be in Zone 1, so the cost will be €10.30.

This card can also be used with the metro as part of the journey, but only once maximum.

tmb.cat/en/…T10

The Barcelona Transport Authority has a very good webite, I find navigation a little fiddly, but you'll get where you want eventually.

http://www.tmb.cat/en/home

One of its most useful pages is a map of the bus network:

www.tmb.cat/ca/c/document_library/get_file…

Hopee this is helpful

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stag / Bachelor Party Accommodation in Barcelona

Hi,

I've just been doing some research myself and this thread is perfect. Thanks for the very detailed information. Scott I may email you when you get back for any tips.

Andrew

8. Re: Stag / Bachelor Party Accommodation in Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2015, 07:17